|Salary||Up to £25000 per annum|
|Published||21 days ago|
|Contact email||Deirdre Mulvenna|
Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
We are recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join the team of one of our clients based in Ballymena on a full time permanent basis. The client is a successful, locally owned manufacturer of Composite Entrance doors and an aware winning window and door system. The company is recruiting a dedicated Health, Safety & Environmental Officer to support continued growth and development.
Working in a busy factory environment and reporting to the Production Director, the HSE Officer will be responsible for leading on all matters relating to the development of Health, Safety and Environmental management systems that are appropriate for the company, together with the induction, co-ordination and on-going management and control of associated strategies, policies and procedures.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures and safe systems of work in all areas of the New World Development business and communication of same.
- Work with the Production Management team to develop a positive business culture and behaviour towards HSE, involving all employees with emphasis on risk assessment, preventative/ corrective actions, accident investigation and PPE adherence - with the aim to minimise accidents and incidents.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental law and best practice on an ongoing basis
- Provide regular written reports, measurement and reporting of KPI's guidance and advise to senior management.
- Undertake regular inspections and audits to an agreed schedule and actively manage, participate and report on safety meetings to review, coordinate and audit HSE performance and practices.
- Increase and maintain employee and contractor awareness of HSE issues.
- Manage and develop risk assessment program and associated corrective action reviews and assist with the completion of rick assessments and with creating, documenting, updating and implementing safe working procedures.
- Deliver training sessions on relevant HSE aspects & work with the Human Resources Officer to ensure training records are maintained.
- Ensure the proper management, corrective and preventative actions for accidents and near missus, dangerous occurrence and occupational health issues, analysing trends and root causes.
- Liaison with local authorities, e.g. HSE (NI) Mid & East Antrim Council and also company insurers in respect of compliance issues and claims.
- Undertake any other function of duties consistent with the effective execution of this role.
- Third level qualification in a relevant Health & Safety / Environmental discipline.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrated continued professional development: keeping up to date with new Health and Safety legislation
- Broad understanding and experience of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Demonstrable post graduate experience in a Health and Safety / Environmental role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of health, safety and environmental management systems
- Experience in delivering presentations / training sessions
- Be able to demonstrate a drive and passion for improvement of HSE systems while positively influencing company culture working with established team members
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs
Hours or Work:
- Monday to Thursday from 7am to 5.15pm (4day working week)
- Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5pm & Friday from 8am to 1pm
- Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Full time - Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.