Band 3 Admin Assistant
South Tyrone Hospital
The Client: Local Public body based in Portadown, serving local residents.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking secretarial duties including filing, making appointments, maintaining diaries, distributing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail and personally dealing with routine items, receiving telephone calls and taking action in accordance with established regulations and procedures. Distribution of circulars and leaflets as required.
- Assisting with research, compiling reports, drafting tables, forms and collating information.
- Taking and typing/word processing of letters, memoranda, minutes, reports etc., photocopying material as required.
- Liaising with the Child Health System requesting and returning records, receiving new birth cards and responsible for entering new birth details onto register.
- Responsible for prioritising work and ensuring it is brought to the attention of the health Visitors.
- Maintaining an appropriate filing system in order that the work of the Department can be effectively and efficiently undertaken.
- Compiling reports and non-routine letters for health visiting team and Team Managers signature.
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and undertaking follow up action as required.
- Co-ordinating courses, training sessions, team meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the health visiting team.
- Liaising with other Departments e.g. Midwives, Accident & Emergency Departments, other Health Visiting teams
- Using Microsoft office packages to compile letters and prepare material for presentation e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Extracting information from various minutes, circulars, reports etc. as required by the health visiting team.
- Using Paris computer system.
- Completing Banking hours for Bank Health Visitors.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the Band which may be assigned from time to time in light of developments, including covering for colleagues in outlying health centres.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week - 9am 5pm
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years relevant administrative / clerical experience
- 2 years relevant administrative/clerical experience
- Rates of pay £10.40 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.