|Published||18 days ago|
|Contact email||Angela Hughes|
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANTS - THEATRES
37.5 hrs per week
£21,500 per annum
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANTS - WE NEED YOU!!
AS A FORMER NURSE, I UNDERSTAND HOW STRESSED, UNDER-APPRECIATED & UNDER-VALUED HEALTHCARE STAFF CAN BE MADE TO FEEL. HERE AT STAFFLINE MEDICAL, WE HAVE AMAZING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR A RANGE OF HEALTHCARE & NURSING SPECIALITIES INCLUDING THEATRES, SURGICAL & ENDOSCOPY.
OUR CLIENT UNDERSTANDS THAT HEALTHCARE STAFF ARE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM & ENSURE THEIR STAFF ARE APPRECIATED, RESPECTED & VALUED. WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS, STATE OF THE ART CLINICAL SETTINGS & A FANTASTIC MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM, MAKING THE MOVE TO WORK WITHIN THE PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SECTOR WILL BE A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT STAFFLINE MEDICAL BELFAST OR FIND CONTACT DETAILS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
To be part of the theatre team providing high-quality care to meet the healthcare needs of the patients. To monitor and maintain health and safety in the workplace. Develop one's own knowledge and practice and promote effective communication and relationships within the Theatre Department.
YOUR CORE BENEFITS:
- Excellent Salary with Annual Increments
- Salary Uplift after 6 Month's Probation
- Contributory Pension Plan
- 25 Annual Holidays
- 10 Public Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x Salary)
- Income Protection (60% Salary)
- Membership Club
- Wellbeing The Kingsbridge Way
- Free Financial Planning Advice
- Discount for Family and Friends
- Christmas Holiday Closure
1. To assist Nurses in the delivery of nursing care and maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. To carry out assigned duties under the direction of a registered Nurse in such a way as to ensure that nursing care is of a high standard. This will be achieved by:
* Preparing and maintaining the theatre environment for surgical procedures.
* Assisting the surgical team to gown and glove.
* Assisting with the transfer and positioning of the patients, in compliance with hospital policy.
* Assisting the trained Nurses in preparing trolleys.
* Clearing Trolleys.
* Assisting in the labelling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examinations as per hospital policy.
* Competence in carrying out the safe procedure on swab, instrument and needle count.
3. To co-operate with off duty scheduling to ensure that adequate staffing and optimum use of nursing manpower is achieved.
4. To ensure that complaints, suggestions and queries are reported immediately to the Nurse in charge.
5. To co-operate with nursing, medical and auxiliary staff to ensure that harmonious and effective relationships are maintained within the theatre team.
6. To help ensure that an adequate level of supplies and equipment is maintained, and that economic use is made of the same.
7. To report accidents/incidents immediately to the Nurse in charge, and assist in the investigation of same, both verbally and in writing.
8. To undertake those duties, which are required to ensure adequate standards of environmental hygiene and promote good Infection Prevention and Control.
9. To maintain knowledge of, and work within, the hospital policies and procedures.
10. To attend mandatory training as required.
- 3 GCSE grades A-C including Maths and English or Equivalent.
- At least 2 recent years' paid experience in similar role in clinical setting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the role of the healthcare assistant.
- Willing to develop clinical skills and competency.
- Able to make judgments where there is more than a straightforward choice of options, e.g. new patient health checks, urinalysis etc.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, i.e. strengths and weaknesses, personal qualities and skills.
- Able to communicate routine information that requires tact and persuasive skills, or where there may be barriers to understanding.
- Standard keyboard skills
- Competency in carrying out clinical observations.
- Ability to work core hours.
- Flexible approach to shift patterns and cover
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
- Experience within a Theatre department.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.