Job Title: Healthcare Scientist Associate Practitioner
Length: 12 Months
The Client: HSCNI - Southern Trust
- Analyses samples using a range of laboratory procedures, by either manual, semi-automated or automated techniques, to produce results of a quality consistent with excellent patient care. Undertakes these duties in areas of the relevant discipline appropriate to training and experience.
- Ensures efficient use and maintenance of resources, is aware of stock levels and rotation, storage conditions, batch numbers and expiry dates, thus ensuring the viability of the reagents and/or blood products used.
- Works in co-operation with other staff members to ensure that the workload is processed in a timely and efficient manner. Staff groups include departmental clinicians, consultants, BMS staff of all grades, nurses and support staff.
- Is fully conversant with departmental policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), ensuring that personal performance complies with UKAS Accreditation and other professional standards.
- In conjunction with experienced BMS or Senior BMS staff ensures the validity of results by the use of appropriate calibration and control materials, applicable to both manual and automated systems in the laboratory and on the wards. Ensures that appropriate records are kept.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
- 2 years' experience in a diagnostic laboratory is essential - Suitable candidates must have Cellular Pathology lab experience, i.e. microtomy skills using semi-automated and manual microtomes
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C or above including a Science subject
- NVQ3 in a Laboratory Medicine related subject OR experience as above
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Rate of pay: £12.25 per hour
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Coleen O'Hara - email@example.com
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.