Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require HGV Drivers to join their team.
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 13 weeks + £10.14
Main Duties :
- To liaise with the Operations Manager concerning workload, ensuring that all tasks are completed satisfactorily and within agreed time limits.
- To drive, operate and be responsible for any HGV vehicle within the Council's fleet.
- To drive the vehicle allocated in a safe manner, adhering to and complying with Road Traffic Regulation provisions and all other relevant legislation.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks and required routine maintenance (e.g. checking of oil, water levels etc).
- To report any mechanical and/or electrical faults immediately to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure that any allocated vehicle is kept clean inside and out. The hopper, internal body area and bin lifting equipment to be cleaned as instructed.
- To ensure clear visibility from the allocated vehicle. Windscreen, windows, mirrors, lights and reversing camera to be cleaned daily.
- To undertake duties associated with the removal of domestic and/or commercial refuse from a variety of locations in accordance with the Refuse Collection schedule.
- To advise and inform members of the public on the range of refuse collection services provided by the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Full Driver Certificate of Professional Competence completed by date of application.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience driving an HGV vehicle (minimum 3 axle rigid vehicle).
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities attached to the post.
- A current full, Category B (car), and Class C and C+E driving license or equivalent valid in the UK.
- The nature of the post may require flexible working e.g. work outside normal office hours, as required.
If you are interested and meet ALL Essential Criteria please apply via the link.