Salary depending on experience
An excellent opportunity for a HGV Mechanic to join a leading distribution company based in Derry. Reporting to the Operations Director and joining a team of Mechanics, your role will be to increase productivity and efficiency within your department
Main duties will include:
- Maintenance and repair of all vehicle types.
- Conduct routine inspections, including part and machinery repair cost analysis highlighting the need to repair or replace
- Pre-MOT inspections as necessary
- Vehicle roadworthiness inspections
- Produce vehicle defects diagnosis reports and communicate findings with Service Manager/Operation Director
- Monitoring the general wear and tear of vehicles and their parts whilst recording any abnormalities and reporting to the Lead mechanic/ Operations Director.
- Carrying out any general repairs, major overhauls or replacements of vehicle engines and gearboxes as required.
- Attend vehicle breakdowns and conduct roadside repairs as necessary.
- Carrying out automotive electrical work.
- Carrying out gas and electrical welding as necessary
- Adhering to all relevant Health and safety legislation
- To complete all documentation including worksheets, certificates, receipts applying signatures as appropriate and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Fully qualified to City & Guilds level 3, BTEC or NVQ in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent.
- Must have worked in a workshop environment within the last two years
- You must have practical knowledge of modern diagnostic equipment/techniques.
- Full, valid driving license
For more information and a full spec on this role, please forward your CV email@example.com OR call on 07384513095 / 02890323333
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care