Band 3 Higher Clerical Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 22.5 Monday - Friday 9*5
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will support the clinical and physiological team within Neurophysiology in the provision of an administrative service to consultant(s) and teams.
For all of the following areas the post holder will;
- Undertake any admin/secretarial tasks appropriate to the band as required.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate to band.
- Assist in the co-ordination of arrangements and documentation to ensure patients receive treatment at the right time, with the test results made available to Consultants and Clinical team when necessary.
- Participate in meetings and take appropriate action in line with service provision as appropriate to band.
- Record and process all referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- Open and prioritise all incoming mail and action accordingly.
- Ensure all medical case notes are appropriately maintained in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- Obtain patient's case notes and x-rays as necessary.
- Register new patients and create a new set of patient notes as required.
- Register patients on the waiting list or arrange their admission, as appropriate.
- Collect and collate statistical information.
- Participate in the development of local policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintain and record information in relation to statutory procedures and notify the appropriate Authority.
- When necessary deal with fast track referrals to ensure timely appointments are made.
- Assist patients and their carers by arranging translation/interpretation facilities.
- Provide secretarial cover appropriate to the band as and when necessary to ensure an efficient secretarial service is maintained in the absence of colleagues.
- Arrange patient transport as and when required as per local arrangement.
- The post holder will be working in a changing environment. He/she will be expected to adapt to change and undertake other duties within the band of the post as required.
- Perform copy-typing and audiotyping duties as and when required by the service.
- The execution of other duties (appropriate to the band) which may be assigned from time to time
4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English Language or equivalent qualifications, and 2 years' Secretarial/clerical experience*.
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 year's secretarial experience/ clerical experience*.
3 year's secretarial / clerical experience* and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent qualification.
*at least one year must be within a Health and Social Care setting
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.