Temporary higher clerical required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at Belfast City Hospital.
Rate of Pay: 10.09
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
- Assist in the delivery and co-ordination of care, education and support under the supervision of a Clinical Nurse Specialists for patient with cancer across a range of tumour sites. Maintain high standards of practice and adhere to quality procedures.
- Maintain good communication with patients/clients, relatives and carers and report issues to line manager and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of their workload to meet the demands of the post.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Provide general information and support about cancer and cancer services to enable people to access appropriate information and support.
- Sign post to a range of support services and information and take an approach which helps people to self-manage and navigate the health and social care system.
- Triage incoming calls to the clinical nurse specialist team liaising as appropriate when non routine and refer complex decisions to the team for assessment and review.
- Provide basis telephone advice, identifying need and refer on or sign post to other source of support.
- Carry out administration duties relating to nurse led activity.
- Type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Make pre planned outbound telephone calls to patients to assess ongoing needs to enable a proactive approach.
- Co-ordinate the necessary assessments, appointments or investigations to fast track people back into the system if required.
- Co-ordinate remote surveillance and monitoring through appointments for investigations and feedback of results for non-complex cases.
- Co-ordinate face to face appointments for those with complex results from remote surveillance and monitoring investigations.
- Co-ordinate the care for a defined group of patients assessed by a registered practitioner as having level one care needs for support and self-management.
- Report to clinical nurse specialist and respond appropriately when faced with patient deterioration or an emergency situation alerting the team of enabling rapid response as appropriate.
- Guide people through the use of self-assessment resources and contribute to the holistic needs assessment and the development of an individual care plan.
- Implement, monitor and review the care plan with the patient and carer in line with protocols.
- Document and monitor all aspects of care co-ordination and service delivery, supporting data collection for audit.
- Organise and prioritise the designated workload in relation to identified needs.
- Evaluate outcomes of care delivery with the registered practitioner.
- Co-ordinate the handover with other teams to facilitate safe and effective transition of care between services in order to provide seamless support for people.
- Act as advocate and facilitate to resolve issues that may be perceived as barriers to care.
- Reinforce information given to patients on individual self-care management and provide consistent planned after care to reinforce and further promote this information.
- 4 GCSEs Grades A-C to include English Language or equivalent qualification plus 1 year's administrative experience*
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration or equivalent qualification plus 1 year's administrative experience*
- RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II or equivalent qualification
- 1 year's word processing experience, to include typing and formatting of reports and letters
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.firstname.lastname@example.org
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.