Housekeeper required for Flowerfield Art Centre based in Portstewart
Main Purpose of Post
- To provide cleaning, housekeeping and hospitality duties throughout Flowerfield Arts Centre.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an efficient, professional, comprehensive customer focused service in relation to internal and external communications with visitors to the Arts Centre and to the general public.
- Carry out cleaning duties throughout the Arts Centre and immediate surroundings, maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, including vacuuming, sweeping, washing and polishing floors, dusting, cleaning glass, using dishwasher and electrically operated machinery equipment including buffing machines, polishers when necessary. Emptying bins and removing rubbish to disposal point.
- Assist with the set-up and recovery of meetings, events, launches and other activities including assisting with the operation of auditorium seating.
- Assist with exhibitions/gallery preparation and exhibition removal including the safe handling of artworks.
- Provide front of house assistance at events including taking tickets and showing patrons to their seats, exhibition launches and other activities as required.
- Undertake catering and hospitality duties as directed including assisting/liaising with external catering companies and providing hospitality to visiting artists, companies and third party hire clients when required.
- Tidy and maintain stores and stock and advise the Operations Officer on stock levels.
- Advise Operations Officer/Duty Officers on any maintenance issues such as breakages, leaks, faulty equipment, vandalism and security risks.
- Assist in building evacuation procedures and general health and safety procedures to ensure health and safety of staff and customers, including COSHH (Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health) awareness and safe storage of chemicals and cleaning materials.
- Undertake any training relevant to the post as requested.
Applicants must have a minimum of six month's experience in each of the following areas:
- Cleaning in a public use building
- Dealing with the general public
- Providing excellent customer care
Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities relevant to the post for example, manual handling, COSHH regulations, emergency procedures.
10 hours per week Monday - Friday although flexibility required for occasional Saturdays
Interested please forward cv to Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ashleigh on 028 25642699