Support Services Assistant (Housekeeper)
Temporary Housekeeper required for a large public sector organisation based in South Belfast through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 9.48
Location: South Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The postholder will be responsible for providing cleaning, cooking and laundry services within a designated facility.
- Cleaning duties in all areas as detailed on work schedules or as instructed.
- Preparation/cooking/re-heating/serving of food and beverages to the standard required.
- Maintaining all records as required.
- Laundry service - receive, sort and launder items to the standard required.
- Waste disposal.
- Stripping and making unoccupied beds.
- Locking doors and setting alarms.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Adhering to all Trust policies and procedures and participating in training as required.
- Assisting with support services duties in any part of the Trust in order to assist with staff shortages as required.
Support Service Assistants employed in residential facilities will have substantial unsupervised access on a daily basis to children or people with learning disabilities while cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, laundry rooms and linen stores. This direct contact also applies to working in the kitchen and storage areas. The facilities are geared towards providing a home like environment and to deny residents access to any part of the facility would not be practical and would not comply with Trust's policy. In this context, vetting procedures will be carried out on all candidates before any appointment is made for a children's home or residential home for people with learning disabilities.
- 5 GCSE'S or equivalent
- Experience in working within a health and social care environment
- Food Hygiene Level 2
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@Staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.