Housekeeping Supervisor | Belfast | £10.25 (Permanent)
HouseKeeping Supervisor| Belfast| £10.25 (Permanent)
Staffline Ireland is seeking a reliable and enthusiastic Housekeeping Supervisor to join our client, a superb organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of Housekeepers and ensuring that all areas of the building are cleaned and presented to an exemplary standard. They work closely with the Building Services Manager to ensure that housekeeping resources are efficiently and effectively managed. The Housekeeping Supervisor is part of the buildings Housekeeping Team and reports directly to the Building Services Manager.
- Organise and supervise daily duties for the Housekeeping Team to ensure delivery of an exemplary standard of cleanliness and presentation in all areas of the building.
- Undertake housekeeping duties
- Provide weekly cleaning inspection reports to the Building Services Manager
- Ensure completion of specialist cleaning programmes
- Demonstrate and assist others in the safe and effective use of specialist cleaning equipment and/or materials
- Ensure the safety, security and maintenance of all the building housekeeping equipment and supplies
- Manage and replenish housekeeping supplies and complete stock takes as required
- Work with the Building Services Manager to develop the annual departmental budget and monitor the department's budget on an ongoing basis
- Ensure the safe, appropriate and timely disposal of the buildings waste
- Deputise for the Building Services Manager as and when required
- Prepare and manage housekeeping rotas to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times
- Promote and ensure equality of opportunity and treatment for all staff, and create a positive working environment
- Take an active role in staff recruitment and selection for the department
- Liaise with the Human Resources Manager to ensure that new employees have an effective induction to both the building and the department
- Support the delivery of the performance management process for the department, and provide appropriate coaching and support for team members so team members reach their full potential
- At least one year's experience of supervising a team of cleaners and/or housekeepers
- At least three years' general cleaning and/or housekeeping paid work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Health & Safety requirements relevant to this role and the necessary checks and procedures that need to be implemented
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with people both internally and externally
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise when necessary
- IT proficient with working knowledge of Microsoft Email, Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and support and coach team members
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
Hours of work:
25hrs a week across five shifts. Hours of work will be rota'd between 8.00am and 6.00pm across seven days of the week (including bank holidays) Additional hours may also be available, and flexibility is expected from the Housekeeping Supervisor.
To be considered for this role please forward your CV Via the link in Word format or to Raymond.email@example.com BELSL