Temporary Housing Officer required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.78 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- Carry out a range of technical, training, advisory and administrative duties in support of the work of the Public Health and Housing Unit in relation to building construction, building services and other public health and housing related issues
- Assist in the identification of training needs in particular to building construction and building services, to source training options as appropriate and to provide timely training to Environmental Health Officers and Technical Assistants
- Inspect dwelling houses and make recommendations on appropriate remedial action
- Provide a schedule of works to facilitate Environmental Health Officers in the pricing of work for individual unfit dwellings
- Process grant applications on behalf of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- Carry out the enforcement of relevant legislation as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officers
- Participate fully in the planning and implementation process for the Public Health and Housing Unit
- Keep themselves informed of all new technical developments relevant to the section's field of responsibility
- Perform duties as required outside normal working hour
- Provide technical assistance to other members of the service
- Participate in departmental wide project teams
- Motivate and manage any staff that may be assigned, to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme
- Participate in all induction and in-service training provided and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management policies and procedures, as appropriate, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedure
- A full, current UK driving licence which enables the worker to drive in Northern Ireland
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification in Building Construction or related subject
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience of working in a housing or construction related post
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.