Rate of Pay: £16.06
Location: Cecil Ward Building
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Principal Environmental Health Officer (Public Health and Housing) for the efficient and effective performance of the duties of the post. To provide support to the Public Health and Housing Unit and the Environmental Health Service. To ensure that duties and tasks assigned to the post-holder are performed in accordance with specified time and quality targets. To make an effective contribution to the development and achievement of the section's objectives.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out a range of technical, training, advisory and administrative duties in support of the work of the Public Health and Housing Unit in relation to building construction, building services and other public health and housing related issues.
- Assist in the identification of training needs to building construction and building services, to source training options as appropriate and to provide timely training to Environmental Health Officers and Technical Assistants.
- Inspect dwelling houses as directed and make recommendations on appropriate remedial action. 4. Provide a schedule of works to facilitate Environmental Health Officers in the pricing of work for individual unfit dwellings.
- Process grant applications on behalf of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
- Carry out the enforcement of relevant legislation as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officers.
- Carry out other duties, for example, sampling duties as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officers.
- Participate fully in the planning and implementation process for the Public Health and Housing Unit.
- Keep themselves informed of all new technical developments relevant to the section's field of responsibility.
- Participate as required in the training of BSc (Environmental Health) degree students and other persons assigned to the section for training purposes or work experience.
- Perform duties as required outside normal working hours.
- Provide technical assistance to other members of the service as directed.
- Participate in departmental and council wide project teams as directed.
- Motivate and manage any staff, (you can name the designations here if you need to), that may be assigned to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme.
- Participate in all induction and in-service training provided by the client and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management policies and procedures, as appropriate, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- Participate as directed in the recruitment and selection procedures.
- Act in accordance with the council and departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety, safeguarding and any pertinent legislation.
- have a degree or equivalent qualification in Building Construction or related subject; and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience of working in a housing or construction related post. or
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience of working in a housing or construction related post
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.