HR Administrator - Full time
We are currently recruiting for an HR Administrator to join the team of one of our clients based in Ballymena on a full-time permanent basis. The client has developed into a world class, quality focused, precast concrete manufacturer. It is customer focus led, ensuring the continued evolution of extensive product range, designed to meet the requirements of civil infrastructure, agriculture and building customers across the UK & Ireland.
The role will involve providing support in all aspects of the Human Resources function. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience of industry best practices within a busy HR department, assisting in all aspects of the employee life cycle including recruitment & selection, training and development, performance management, disciplinary & grievance, absence management, employee engagement, leave processes and general administration duties.
- Working hours - Mon - Fri 40 hours per week
- On site car parking
- Pension Scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- 30 days holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance policy
- AXA insurance discount
Hours of work:
- Standard hours will be Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- 40 hours per week.
- Flexibility is required to work additional hours if needed.
The key responsibilities of the role can include:
- Update and maintain the HR personnel system PAMS and the NTD clocking system.
- Maintain all training records, plans and certificates. Coordinate training when required.
- Responsible for updating the company's skills matrices.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies in addressing the temporary staffing requirements of the company.
- Provide support with staffing requirements including recruitment & selection activities.
- Provide information to the Job Centre, company website and recruitment websites as required on job vacancies.
- Ensure all new personnel are given the relevant induction program before they commence employment, and that induction procedure is up to date.
- Support the maintaining of the company's Investors in People accreditation. Collate information for IIP and CSR.
- Communicate daily absence to management and manage paperwork.
- Provide management with the information and support for disciplinary procedures when required.
- Preparation of required reports as needed such as absence and timekeeping.
- Prepare monthly communication newsletter in conjunction with management.
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Ensure information on H&S and HR noticeboards throughout company are relevant and up-to-date.
- Assist with the payroll of employees' weekly and monthly wages to include preparation of daily and weekly clocking overviews.
- Provide support with the Administration team in the main office.
- Support the Health & Safety Advisor in the administration of workplace health & safety.
- Assist with coordinating the company's required health surveillance.
- Any other duties, within reason and capabilities, as agreed through consultation with the Trainee HR Manager.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English & Math.
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, photocopiers.
- Computer literacy, MS packages, maintaining databases and spreadsheets, email correspondence and internet search.
- Excellent computer literacy skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of working within/knowledge of Human Resources.
- Experience working with PAMS HR System.
- HR related qualification, such a HRM, Business Studies, CIPD or similar.
- £20k to £24k - Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Job Type: Full time - permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.