HR Administrator - Newry Part Time
Staffline are working in partnership with our client to recruit a temporary HR Administrator to start ASAP for a period of 1 year
The Client: Local Public body based in Newry, serving local residents.
Employee Development and Equality
- Maintain a training calendar in accordance with College requirements.
- Arrange the booking of trainers, venues, travel, accommodation and facilities for Learning and Development and Equality events in accordance with College procedures.
- Assist with the sourcing of trainers and facilitators and to maintain a database of same.
- Communicate course requirements and details to staff of all Learning and Development and Equality events.
- Monitor and collate learning and development evaluation forms.
- Assist in the preparation of reports as required.
- Assist in the development of training materials.
- To ensure that files, papers are prepared for meetings, conferences etc.
- Service the Employee Development Committee and any other meetings as required.
- Establish systems and procedures to ensure that training and equality records are accurately recorded electronically on the Personnel Management Information System (QLP) and manually in accordance with College procedures.
- Assist with the organisation of events to promote equality of opportunity and good relations within the College.
Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Source and promote a broad range of health and wellbeing events and activities across the college.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of college health and wellbeing needs, assessments and surveys.
- Assist with the development, delivery and evaluation of initiatives to support the College's Health and Wellbeing Programme.
- Assist in the preparation of Advertisements / Trawls for publishing on the College Website and communication with Job Centres as appropriate.
- Ensure all Recruitment details are recorded on to JANE Systems.
- Provide administrative support for the College's recruitment and selection processes and Prepare and maintain job files for all recruitment exercises within SRC in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Produce and forward electronic payroll returns for all staff (Lecturing & Support) to the external payroll providers DENI and CJS, within the agreed timescal
- Undertake all administrative functions to ensure payslips and records are accurate by making any amendments or adjustments and monitor part-time lecturer superannuation returns;
- Deal with requests for payroll information from banks, building societies etc, and respond and deal with any staff queries relating to pay.
- Prepare standard Terms and Conditions of Employment/contractual documentation for all new starters and promotions.
- Collation of all validation documentation for all new appointments, which will include collation and preparation of Access NI application forms
- Prepare all necessary starter paperwork for onward transition for Payroll and another relevant Departments such as IT and Employee development and set up personal files for all new starters; including Probation documentation.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork for all leavers and advise other relevant departments of end dates for staff e.g. Payroll, IT, Estates.
- Ensure the Time and Attendance System, Timeware and HR (JANE) systems are kept up to date ensuring records are accurate which includes relevant paperwork in accordance with SRC policies and procedures.
- Prepare documentation in connection with the Superannuation scheme for all staff.
- Prepare monthly sickness absence reports from JANE Systems and follow-up with Line Managers to obtain the necessary information in accordance with agreed procedures within the Sickness Absence Management Pol
- Carrying out a range of clerical duties including developing, preparing and typing confidential reports, letters and correspondence as required.
- Participate in the enrolment cover rota.
- May be required to undertake work outside normal working hours on occasions
Hours of work: This role is currently operating on a hybrid working model (From home) however this will move to onsite working based in the Newry Campus
- A minimum of a Level 3 qualification (or higher) in Human Resources or a closely related discipline.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of two years' experience (within the last five years) in a busy office environment including administration experience in recruitment and/or payroll.
Other Essential Criteria
A full current driving licence, which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
- Rates of pay £10.29 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.