Responsible to the Human Resources Manager for the provision and operational delivery of the HR & OD function in line with organisational requirements and the delivery of the HR Business Plan.
Responsible for the day to day provision of high level of advice to line managers in all subjects fields within the HR function.
Responsible to the Head of Human Resources & Organisation Development on planning and implementation of key strategic projects, ensuring the delivery of the HR Business Plan.
Applicants must have a minimum of a third level qualification
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have two years' experience:
- Taking a lead role in the people management of a HR function and the management of employee relations implications
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that are aligned to corporate priorities and in accordance with legislation and best practice
- Experience of effectively working with a range of internal or external stakeholders including Line Managers and shop stewards.
- Management of absenteeism and case management to positive outcomes.
- Management of recruitment and selection vacancies.
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required academic qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have four years' experience in the 1-5 above.
All candidates must hold or be working towards full corporate membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (Chartered, Fellow). Candidates working towards Chartered Status must attain this no later than 2 years from appointment to post.
Full Job Description available on request.