HR Advisor - Employee Relations
Temporary HR Advisor (Employee Relations) required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £16.04 per hour
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 5 months pending review
- To contribute to the development and implementation of HR Strategy and Employee Relations policies and procedures throughout
- To contribute to the management of change and organisational improvement development ensuring objectives are achieved within agreed timescales
- To provide high quality specialist advice and support to managers and staff on employment legislation, terms and conditions of service and HR policies and procedures
- To develop and maintain good working relationships and communications with Trade Union representatives and external organisations including consultation and negotiation
- To manage disciplinary, grievance, harassment and performance issues, providing detailed specialist advice and support to managers. Where appropriate in individual cases, participate in the investigation, hearing and appeal stages
- To be proactive in promoting good practice and consistency in the application of agreed Employee Relations principles, policies and procedures and ensure all queries are dealt with appropriately and in a timely confidential manner.
- To manage responses to investigations and enquiries emanating from the Equality Commission and Central Office of the Industrial and Fair Employment Tribunals
- To take the lead responsibility for discreet projects ensuring that objectives are set and met in line with the delivery of the strategic HR agenda
- To contribute to the development of the Human Resources toolkit for managers
- To attend internal and external meetings and working groups, relevant to the role, contributing to the meetings and bring back key actions and points for discussion with appropriate managers
- Participate in the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of HR training and development activities
- To collect and provide data in relation to workforce planning to support performance management
- To analyse, interpret and present relevant quantitative data in relation to workforce trends
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 2 years experience at Band 5 or above in a similar HR function
- Must commit to attaining Graduate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), if not already qualified and maintaining continuous personal development
- Have at least 1 years experience managing people
- Up to date knowledge of current employment law and best employee relations practice
- Experience of developing, negotiating and implementing HR practice, policy and procedure
- A working knowledge of computerised and manual personnel record and administrative systems
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.