HR Advisor Equality and Public involvement Officer
Temporary HR Advisor Equality and Public Involvement officer required for a large public sector organisation based at Knockbracken through the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service.
Rate of Pay: TBC
Location: Knockbracken Head Quarters
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will support the Assistant Director in the development and implementation of a programme of work designed to implement statutory duties relating to Section 75 of the NI Act, the Human Rights Act 1998, the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA 1995) (as amended by Article 5 of the Disability Discrimination (Northern Ireland) Order 2006). The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the Assistant Director in the delivery of a programme of work designed to implement requirements under the Personal and Public Involvement (PPI) and Patient and Client Experience Standards.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Personal and Public Involvement Strategy for the Trust
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Trust Action Plan to ensure compliance with the PfA target on Patient and Client Experience Standards
- To manage and monitor implementation of the Trust's Equality Scheme and Disability Action Plan
- To develop systems of engagement with key stakeholders including service users
- To proactively establish and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders.
- To support the Assistant Director in mainstreaming equality within the Trust including within strategic planning and decision making processes
- To support the Assistant Director in the management of policy screening and Equality Impact Assessment within the Trust
- To undertake benchmarking and research activities
- To facilitate public consultation exercises including the coordination and facilitation of stakeholder focus groups, public meetings and the development, distribution, collation and analysis of consultation questionnaires
- To provide advice and guidance to managers in relation to equality legislation and compliance with statutory duties
- To develop and monitor the implementation of a programme of staff and management training pertaining to the areas within the section
- To deliver training related to Equality, PPI and Patient and Client Experience Standards including Senior Managers
- To produce management reports including statutory progress reports for submission to the Trust's Senior Executive Management Team, Trust Board, Health and Social Care Board, Public Health Agency and the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland
- To deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences to include Trust Senior Executives, Managers, Staff Groups, stakeholder groups and other HSC organisations
- To contribute to regional work streams including representing the Trust on Working Groups related to Patient and Client Experience Standards, Equality and PPI
- To manage identified work streams within the Equality and Public Involvement function
- To manage the programme of work of the Trust's Equality Steering Group and PPI Steering Group including development, implementation and evaluation of a performance management framework across all work streams
- To work with colleagues in the development and implementation of systems to ensure compliance with duties under the Disability Discrimination Act
- To keep fully up-to-date with changes in legislation or government policy, that may impact on delivery of statutory duties within the Trust
- To contribute to the development and implementation of a Regional and organisational measurement methodology for Patient and Client Experience Standards
- To develop and maintain systems of recording and monitoring of Equality, PPI and Patient Client Experience activity to facilitate the production of management reports
- To develop and maintain systems for the collation and analysis of statistical information including population demographics and for the collation and analysis of qualitative information. The post holder will then be expected to propose and implement improvements and additions in accordance with Trust policies and procedures
- A university degree or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 2 years experience in:-
- leading work streams which demonstrate specialist knowledge in the application of equality legislation or
- leading stakeholder involvement and consultation processes in respect of organisational policy.
A diploma or equivalent professional qualification and a minimum of 3 years experience in:-
- a) leading work streams which demonstrate specialist knowledge in the application of equality legislation or
- b) leading stakeholder involvement and consultation processes in respect of organisational policy
A minimum of 5 years experience in a Health and Social Care field with a minimum of 3 years experience in:- a) leading work streams which demonstrate specialist knowledge in the application of equality legislation or b) leading stakeholder involvement and consultation processes in respect of organisational policy.
A minimum of one years experience in the development and delivery of training and/or presentations.
- A working knowledge of Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 including requirements for public sector organisations and related processes.
- Experience in the development of management reports including the collation,
presentation and analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Experience in working with a range of groups including the establishment and maintenance of working relationships with these and the use of facilitation and influencing skills.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.