Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a HR Assistant to join their team.
Role : HR Assistant
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 25 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.50 p/hr 13 weeks + £11.70 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Reporting to the HR Business Partner Systems, the HR Assistant will contribute to the effective operation of the OD/HR Department through provision of a professional and confidential administration support service.
- Responsible for the lifecycle of annual leave including the calculation of annual leave/public holiday entitlement of all Council employees, inputting onto the electronic system, producing timely management reports as and when required and completion of the year end process.
- Assist the HR Assistant Systems in the effective operation of OD/HR projects, systems and process.
- Assist the HR Officer Governance in the effective co-ordination of HR governance, HR information and HR reporting needs to include statutory and annual HR reports including Annual Monitoring Return, Article 55 Review, Local Government Audit Report and monthly reports for Council and Committee meetings.
- Assist the HR Officer Resourcing in the administration of the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Local Government Code of Procedures in Recruitment and Selection and all legislative requirements.
- Assist the HR Officer Resourcing in the co-ordination of the work placement programme across the organisation.
- Ensuring that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full JD available on request
Essential Criteria :
- 5 GCSEs A - C, or above to include in English Language and Maths/Accounts.
- A minimum of two years' relevant administrative and/or business support experience within a Human Resources environment
- Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate four years' administrative and/or business support experience within a Human Resources environment
- 6 months experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.