HR Attendance Management Officer
HR Attendance Management Officer (Band 4)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Armagh, serving local residents.
The Role: To achieve improved workforce efficiency and utilisation, it is vital that maximum staffing resources are available for work. The post-holder will therefore act as a dedicated HR resource on a day to day basis to specific Directorate(s) with the aim of ensuring that managers are equipped and supported to deal with both short-term, long term and unsustainable staff absenteeism appropriately, with sensitivity and in accordance with the Procedure for the Management of Sickness Absence.
- Work with the Senior HR Advisor aligned to the specific directorate(s) to assist in the development and implementation of directorate action plan(s) to reduce sickness absence levels.
- Proactively assist line managers, to manage episodes of long term sickness absence with the aim of ensuring that all appropriate action is taken in line with the Sickness Procedure to enable the individual member of staff to return to work at the earliest opportunity, where this is possible. This will involve participating in sickness absence meetings with the member of staff along with the relevant manager and trade union representative.
- Where a return to work from long term absence is not considered by Occupational Health to be an option, or where options to assist a staff member improve their levels of attendance at work have been exhausted without success, ensure that termination / retirement on the grounds of ill-health is managed appropriately and sensitively, and in accordance with departmental guidance.
- Be responsible for processing the Attendance Management Panel process, in accordance with guiding principles and Standard Operating Procedures, to ensure that unsatisfactory levels of attendance are managed appropriately.
- Based on directorate sickness absence profiles, identify 'hotspot' departments, which require more detailed analysis including frequency and length of absence, reasons for absence, staff groups / bands etc., liaising with Workforce Information Department and relevant line managers as required to develop a detailed picture, from which action can be planned.
Hours of work: 18.75 hours per week (preferably x4 short days per week -negotiable)
- HNC/HND or equivalent / higher qualification in an administrative related field + one years' experience in an HR role at Band 3, or above
- 4 GCSE's at Grade A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent/higher qualification + 2 years' experience in HR, one of which should be at Band 3 level, or above
- Three years' experience in HR, one of which should be at Band 3 level, or above
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Full UK driving license with access to a car.
- Rates of pay £11.20 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.