Hr Business Officer
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a HR Business Officer to join their team.
Role : HR Business Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week - Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £12.65 p/hr 13 weeks + £14.63 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Reporting to the Human Resources (HR) Business Partner, the post holder will actively contribute to and support the effective implementation and delivery of the OD/HR strategy and Business Plans.
- The Human Resources (HR) Business Officer will support the HR Business Partner in providing advice, guidance and support to Managers / Supervisors and other staff on all OD/HR matters within their designated Directorate.
- Working as an integral member of the OD/HR Team the post holder will work with the HR Business Partner and colleagues to ensure a seamless response and coordinated approach to the delivery of OD/HR activities.
- The HR Business Officer will also develop and maintain key working relationships with Managers / Supervisors and other staff in aligned Directorate and with other corporate business partners.
- The HR Business Officer may be required to rotate to other areas within the OD/HR team.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- (a) Have a third level qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Human Resources or Business Studies;
- Have an Intermediate Level 5 CIPD Qualification*;
- Hold current membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD);
- Be able to demonstrate at least two year's relevant experience of work in a Human Resources role within a multi-disciplinary and unionised organisation. This must include at least two year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- providing advice and guidance to senior managers on a range of human resources issues including terms and conditions, absence management, disciplinary, grievance and capability processes; and
- direct participation in complex absence management, disciplinary and grievance processes; and managing and motivating administrative support staff on a daily basis including programming workloads and priorities to ensure the objectives of the team and organisation are met
Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not hold the required qualifications as outlined in 1 and 2* above but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have three years' experience as outlined in 3a - 3c above.
A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
The nature of the post requires flexible working, for example be prepared to work outside normal office hours, including evening meetings and weekends as required.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.