HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide informed and timely HR advice, intervention and guidance to managers within one of the four geographical command areas and to support the designated area in the implementation of HR policies and procedures:
- Provide proactive specialist advice, knowledge and support to managers within an assigned geographical command area in relation to the effective application of HR policies, procedures, terms and conditions across a range of national agreements, employment law and HR best practice.
- Advise on and support the implementation of appropriate procedures and processes, particularly in relation to grievance, discipline, bullying and harassment and attendance management issues. To ensure co-ordination and consistency of advice between all business partners through regular liaison and exchange of ideas and best practice. To ensure effective working relationships with key stakeholders such as Area Commanders; Group Commanders (Personnel & Training) and Area Business Managers and representative bodies.
- Develop and implement HR solutions through early intervention and prevention drawing on the benefits of engagement, communication, mediation and other solutions to reach the best outcome; ensuring compliance and the risk to the service is managed and mitigated.
- Support the Group Commander (P&T) in the central co-ordination and control of all cases including recording and archiving and the retention of full case notes.
- To produce monthly HR reports for area management.
- Develop and deliver consistent and co-ordinated HR learning and development interventions to line management, whether scheduled or ad hoc, on delegated core people management functions including discipline and grievance, harassment and bullying and attendance management.
- Advise and support individual managers in conjunction with the Occupational Health Unit to reduce sickness absence and put in place support mechanisms to expedite the timely return of staff to work, supporting Attendance Management case conferences as required.
- Monitor and report on the attendance management process for the designated area and support managers in dealing with long-term and short-term absence issues appropriately.
- Prepare responses to Freedom of Information and Data Protection requests, Ministerial, Parliamentary or NI Assembly questions; liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Assist in the delivery of recruitment activity as required, particularly in the recruitment of support staff and retained firefighter personnel in liaison with the HR Manager, Resourcing and Employee Services. To assist with other employee resourcing activity as and when required
- Take ownership and ensure closure for all queries and issues including signposting managers and officers to the appropriate source for issues outside the remit of this post. This includes providing cover for service areas other than that initially assigned.
- Policy Development, Project Work, Performance and financial management
Hours of work: 36.25 hours, Monday- Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm
Applicants must meet the following essential criteria:
- Possess a relevant third level qualification in a business-related subject or equivalent; and have current membership of CIPD; and have at least two years' post-qualification experience of providing advice on the core people management issues including grievance/disciplinary; bullying/harassment; attendance within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary and unionised organisation.
- OR: Possess a relevant third level qualification in a business-related subject or equivalent; and be working towards achieving CIPD membership; and have at least five years' experience of providing advice on the core people management issues including grievance/disciplinary; bullying/harassment; attendance within a large, multi-site, multi-disciplinary and unionised organisation.
- Be fully conversant with current employment legislation.
- Can demonstrate: excellent planning and organisational ability; ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines; strong interpersonal and influencing skills; the ability to provide training and communications with the capacity to address groups and meetings clearly, enthusiastically and effectively; a strong customer orientation.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- Have at least two years' experience of working as a human resources professional with management or project team management responsibility.
- Have experience of working as an HR business partner.
- Have experience of working within local government or the public sector.
- Rates of pay £19.01 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.