HR Business Partner - Public Sector
Job Title: HR Business Partner - Public Sector
We currently have a vacancy for a HR Business Partner working within the Public Sector. This position will be based in Dublin 6.
The Role: HR Business Partner
The post holder will work in partnership with managers and staff in the Support Services departments to provide advice and support on all HR and industrial relations matters. The successful candidate will work closely with the Interim Director of Human Resources and Training and the HR team to implement the HR strategy to include HR related training, projects, initiatives and policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with and advise staff and department managers on Human Resources (HR) and Industrial Relations (IR) matters.
- To lead on employee and industrial relations matters in the Support Services departments and other areas as assigned or required.
- Implement good employee/industrial relations practices and develop open communication processes with trade union/staff representatives to ensure that open communications are clear and that a partnership approach to problem solving is in place.
- To lead or carry out disciplinary, trust in care, grievance investigations or hearings, implementing the appropriate policies as required.
- To facilitate any informal interventions in relation to Dignity at Work (DAW) matters and to case manage any formal DAW matters in the related staffing areas.
- To sit on recruitment panels for senior /specialist posts as the HR Partner when required.
- To assist with the financial management of the HR Department including the establishment of budgets, manpower planning and monitoring of expenditure against approved allocations.
- To set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) with the Head of Building Services & Capitol Projects with quarterly and final year reviews.
- To review and manage all aspects of the HR departments activities associated with the Support Services departments, including compliance with HR KPIs such as census numbers, absenteeism, agency rates and other standards and responsibilities as delegated by the Interim Director of HR.
- To manage the work of junior grades in HR as appropriate to this post.
- To pay particular attention to absence management to ensure all processes are being adhered to. To ensure absence is being managed and to initiate a review when absence % is consistently above KPI.
- Develop a shared sense of commitment and participation among staff in the management of change and the development of Human Resources within the company.
- Maintain good communication protocols for dealing with managers and staff to ensure that the information delivered is relevant, appropriate and on time, and ensure that they are in line with communication protocols.
- Review and set standards and implement changes and developments to the standard of Human Resource practice.
- Lead on the development of a Wellness Strategy for the organisation
- Attend as required, working groups and committees of the Company..
- Attend Head of Department (HOD) meetings and management team meetings as requested / required (Non-Clinical HOD Meetings, Hotel Services Monthly Operations meetings, Operations meetings with Non-Clinical HODs).
- Represent the company at meetings with external agencies/bodies/groups that are necessary for the proper discharge of the post.
- Collect and compile statistics on HR KPI.
- Review HR policies and procedures and develop new policies.
- Research and compile HR related data and reports as required.
- Co-ordinate and lead HR projects as assigned and required.
- Relevant Third level qualification at degree level in HR
- CIPD membership
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience working in a fast-paced HR department
- 1 years' experience in a management / senior HR role
- Experience with industrial relations matters
- Experience delivering training to groups and facilitating teams
- A strong background in project management
- Experience representing employer at third party forums under the auspices of the Workplace Relations Commission
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of reporting from HR/Payroll system, preferably SAP
Hours of Work: 9am - 5pm 37 hours per week
Pay: €49,041 - 59,914 per annum pro rata DOE
Annual Leave 30 days plus bank holidays
An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.