HR Officer - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we have a fantastic opportunity available for a motivated and ambitious HR Officer seeking to kick start their career. The successful candidate will join a dynamic HR team within a prominent public sector organisation with Dublin City Centre offices. This role will be offered as a 12 month contract with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
Working within the HR Operations Unit, the key focus of this role is to support the delivery of an efficient and effective recruitment and resourcing service. This includes sourcing, screening and shortlisting applications, scheduling interviews, references check, job offers, contracts and on boarding of new staff members.
Other HR activities and duties will include supporting the existing HR Operations Team in areas of Workforce Planning, HR Systems, HR Metrics Reports and general administration. There will be significant developmental opportunities through participation with key HR Projects and HR Initiatives.
- Support the HR/OD Business Partners with all resourcing requirements within their areas of responsibilities in line with the organisation's Workforce
- Ensure that all recruitment and selection activities are carried out in a professional and timely manner and are in line with legislation
- Liaise with the HR/OD Business Partner to agree the appropriate recruitment process i.e. internal / external, method of candidate sourcing / advertising etc in line with budgetary requirements
- Ensure job descriptions and application forms are consistent and correctly formatted in a professional manner and review to ensure terms and conditions are appropriate to the role
- Agree timelines with the HR/OD Business Partner and advertise the role in line with agreed parameters and be a point of contact for any queries from potential applicants
- Screen all applications and prepare a candidate shortlist report & scoresheet for the HR/OD Business Partner / Hiring Manager
- Respond to all candidates to advise on the outcome of their
- Plan and schedule interviews in line with agreed timeframes and circulate interview packs to all interview panel members
- Follow up post interviews with candidate to advise of outcomes and next steps in the
- Sit on interview panels for appropriately graded roles as required to support HR/OD Business
- Complete reference checks and liaise with HR/OD Business Partner throughout the offer phase, ensuring all contractual documentation is completed and
- Organise and participate in the induction and on-boarding of all new staff members
- In conjunction with the HR Operations Manager, monitor and review the recruitment & selection processes to identify where any improvements can be implemented to increase efficiency
- Provide administrative support to the HR Operations Team by assisting with monitoring HR Mailboxes, responding to staff queries and updating HR databases and systems
- Assist and support HR Generalists with cyclic HR processes such as Payroll, Staff Leave, HR Dashboard and Fixed Term Contract reviews
- HR analytics - reporting on a weekly and monthly basis detailing key metrics relating to all HR activities
- Filing, maintenance and organisation of HR personnel files ensuring data protection compliance
Applicants will meet the following responsibilities:
- HR related or other relevant third level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma) or equivalent is desirable CIPD qualified would be an advantage
- 2+ years' Recruitment / HR Administration experience
- Excellent analytical, administration and organisation skills
- Experience working in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is an excellent role for an ambitious HR Officer to take the next step in their career and gain broad exposure to HR processes and procedures. The successful candidate will become an integral part of a progressive HR team within a growing organisation.
To be considered for this position please send an up to date version of your cv to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment.
This role will be offered on a Grade 1 salary scale with a salary scale of €25,427 - €39,593 per annum.
Immediate interviews will be held for suitable applicants.