HR Projects Officer
Temporary for 1 year
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- Provide support to the implementation plans for the restructuring of service units - employee and union consultations, recruitment, voluntary severance.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives, taking the lead, where required, on the implementation of the out-workings of such initiatives.
- Assist with policy review and development.
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards and metrics for the HR and OD function to support the wider needs of the organisation.
- Support the development of processes, systems and data within the HR and OD Unit.
- Provide professional advice and support to Departments and Units on HR & OD matters.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate to the highest standards of personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit, promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way which embraces and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
- Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- A third level qualification (for example, NVQ Level 4 or Degree) or equivalent.
- CIPD Membership.
- Two years' HR generalist experience to include experience of;
- taking the lead on HR/OD initiatives
- contributing to policy development and implementation;
- delivering briefings;
- Using various HR systems and packages;
- Providing advice and guidance to line managers;
- Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1 and 2 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years' experience as outlined in 3 above. .
- A solid, practical understanding of employment law.
- Rates of Pay: £16.53 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.