HR Resourcing Officer
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary HR Resourcing Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £15.60pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience gained in an HR/Personnel role
- At least 2 years' experience in a managerial role including the management of people
- Experience in the use of IT systems (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Project or other similar systems)
- Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
NIJAC's core business is running recruitment schemes for judicial office - for legal, professional and lay members. It selects people for judicial office on merit through fair and open competition and by selecting from the widest possible range of applicants.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
- The Judicial Appointments Manager will manage the
- operational support function and support the Assistant
- Director in their role.
- The post holder will play a key role and will work closely
- with Management and Commissioners to ensure an
- effective and co-ordinated approach to the appointment
- and renewal of judicial office holders in Northern Ireland.
- 3.The role holder will be required to carry out a wide range
- of management and operational duties to assist in the
- appointment of individuals to judicial office and their
Promotion of Schemes
- Through the design and delivery of Scheme Outreach Plans tailored to the legal and medical professionals, plus to civic society.
- Assisting in the promotion of NIJAC and judicial opportunities via website content, outreach events, hard and soft publications, and administering the Judicial Shadowing Scheme.
Administration of Schemes
- Progressing their business area to the highest standard and ensure staff under their responsibility (Executive Officer) perform and meet objectives.
- Positively influencing effective working relationships with NIJAC users including applicants, professional bodies, all levels of the Judiciary, Commissioners and other government departments etc.
- Contributing to the implementing of policies and procedures to facilitate effective appointments and renewals.
- Managing and invigilating at assessment centres and shortlisting tests.
- Co-ordinating completion of all documents associated with appointment schemes and the renewal process.
- Reporting on the planning and organisation of work associated with appointment schemes and unexpected areas of work.
- Co-ordinating the pre-appointments checks procedures for applicants.
- Maintaining, analysing and reporting on Equality Monitoring Data, feedback and applicant satisfaction surveys to help measure success against statutory remit.
- Responsible for the setting, monitoring and reporting on the budget of the scheme.
Customer Service (Commissioners and Applicants)
- Providing a service to the assessors and applicants in the judicial assessment and selection process.
- Supporting Selection Committee meetings, minute-taking, contributing to and influencing meetings when necessary.
- Developing relationships and presenting NIJAC in a positive light; monitoring and reporting on the level of service provided to all those involved.
- Briefing of applicants for shortlisting tests and on assessment days.
- Assist with the provision, collation and distribution of papers for NIJAC Committees e.g. Plenary, Policy and Business.
The Staff Officer will also undertake a number of other responsibilities, including;
- Participating in management meetings and team meetings.
- Researching and preparing briefing material as and when required.
- The collation and electronic distribution of Board and Committee packs and attendance at Plenary (Board) meeting acting as secretariat.
- Ensure the adherence to all Governance policies and procedures.
- Assisting NIJAC in responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests, Complaints, Assembly Questions (AQs) and various queries from sponsor bodies and other sources
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**