Human Resources Advisor
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
Assist the Human Resources Officers in implementing Human Resources policies and procedures. Provide general HR advice and assistance to Supervisors and line Managers on a daily basis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Human Resources section at departmental operational meetings advising/guiding supervisors answering queries and scheduling Human Resources activities for that department.
- Undertake projects as allocated by the Human Resources Officer/Manager when appropriate gathering relevant information, preparing reports and making recommendations to improve service delivery and promote innovative developments for the section
- Attend meetings of Managers and individual employees in reviews of sickness or other absenses
- Prepare referrals to Occupational Health
- Assist in the review of interview questions and the development of work based assessments where appropriate and assist in the operational requirements for Assessment Centres and timetabling when required
- Write and review job advertisements, job descriptions and personnel specifications as Review all job descriptions before advertising posts which are vacant. Ensure job advertisements are sent to the advertising agent, internet service provider and Training and Employment Agency where appropriate.
- Participate in shortlisting and interview panels ensuring that Equal Opportunities and Fair Employment procedures are being implemented and the Recruitment and Selection code of Practice is adhered to
- Arrange shortlisting and interview panels in liaison with the relevant managers
- Attend and chair shortlisting and interview panels where required as a representative of the Human Resource section. Assist in the review of interview questions and the development of work based assessments where appropriate and assist in the operational requirements for Assessment Centres and timetabling when required.
- Prepare Voluntary Severance Calculations documents for the Labour Relations Agency and Payroll. In consultation with the Head of Human Resource, Human Resources Managers, and Officers arrange meetings with employees regarding severance.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements for and prepare documentation for employees proceeding through the job evaluation and appeals procedures.
- Act as the Human Resources representative in investigations being carried out under the Council's disciplinary, grievance and harassment policies, preparing documentation and assisting the Investigating Officer ensuring that Council procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct exit interviews within the allocated service areas.
- Provide advice to managers on terms and conditions of employment.
- Review temporary contracts and impending retirements within service areas and take any action necessary.
- Participate in cross departmental working groups as required.
- Liaise with local schools and colleges, as and when required, to promote Equality of Opportunity and participate in schools events to promote Council/Careers.
- Participate in the review of policies, practices and procedures and the implementation of new and revised procedures.
- Develop a good understanding of the Human Resources function and assist other members of the Human Resources team in such other duties as may from time to time be necessary.
- Carry out such other duties as may be allocated by the Human Resources Manager/Officer in relation to the needs of the Department.
A relevant third level qualification in Human Resources, Business, Marketing or management related area.
Consideration may be given to applicants who do not hold a third level qualification but who can demonstrate using specific examples a minimum of 4 years'experience as below.
2 years working experience in a people orientated role to include problem solving.
Experience of dealing with challenging queries and advising both internal and external customers on issues both in person and by telephone.
A minimum of 1 year's working experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel and use of a large database.
If you are interested in this role please forward cv by noon on Wednesday 8th January, this role is on a temporary basis
£12.60 per hr 18hrs per week hours to be discussed