Human Resources Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist the Human Resources Manager in the successful implementation of the Human Resources Strategy.
To implement Human Resources Policies and Procedures and provide accurate and timely advice, support and information to Managers, Heads of Service and Directors on a range of Human Resources issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting with the successful implementation of the Human Resources Business Plan across the Council including effective implementation of all Human Resources Policies and ensuring maintenance of all Human Resources
- Undertaking projects in line with the Human Resources Business Plan as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or Head of Human Resources.
- Managing the work of Human Resources Advisors and any other temporary employees to ensure the objectives of the Section are achieved.
- As a Human Resources partner, provide a high level of internal and external customer service including attending monthly meetings with service managers to provide updates on Human Resources issues, answer queries and schedule Human Resources activities for that
- Provide advice and assistance to ensure the consistent implementation of the disciplinary and grievance policies and procedures, attending hearings and appeals as the Human Resources representative and drafting correspondence as required
- Assist with preparations for Industrial Tribunal cases as required.
- Playing an active role in managing attendance through proactive management approaches, regular reporting and provision of professional advice and assistance to management
- Producing confidential reports, letters and correspondence as required.
- Prepare recruitment and selection documentation and participate in shortlisting and interview panels as human resources lead ensuring that all recruitment and selection processes are in accordance with relevant employment legislation and codes of practice.
- Produce reports and statistics as required by management, committees and external agencies including reporting on key performance indicators.
- Assisting the Human Resources Manager in development and delivery of training on human Resources policies and procedures.
- Assisting in matters regarding job evaluation and re-grading of posts.
- Play an active role in corporate working including participation on cross- departmental working groups.
- Deputising for the Human Resources Manager in their absence.
- Attending Meetings and participating in training relevant to the work of the Section.
- Carry out duties as requested by the Human Resources Manager in relation to the Voluntary Severance Scheme.
- Ensure that offer letters and contracts of employment are issued in accordance with the Council policy and statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements and prepare documentation for employees proceeding through informal and formal job evaluation appeals
- Participate in cross departmental working groups as required.
A degree in Business Related subject
Membership of CIPD at post graduate level
- Two years relevant experience in a Human Resources function to include at least three of the following
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Relations
- Learning & Development
- Equal Opportunities
- Managing Attendance
This role is 35hrs per week Monday - Friday on a temporary contract for approx 3 months
£15.36 per hour