ICT Coordinator - Public Sector
ICT Data Centre Coordinator - Public Sector
At Grafton Recruitment we currently have a new opportunity available for an experienced ICT Project Manager to take up a position with a Public Sector body based in Dublin City Centre.
The purpose of this role will be to coordinate and support the data centre operations including all ICT systems at multiple On- Premise and Cloud locations as well as playing a key role in identifying, evaluating operational strategies on new systems.
Based in Dublin city centre, this position will be offered as a contract role until December 2020, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of hardware and virtual infrastructure and third party support including, VMware vSphere, IBM Storwize SAN, HPE and Lenovo Servers and Brocade Switches
- Responsible for success of Backup, Replication and Recovery using Veeam and VMware SRM
- Monitor and plan for capacity and performance
- Ensure enterprise hardware, software and related services are patched and hardened
- Implement best practice service methodologies including Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, Incident Management, Change Management and Infrastructure Monitoring.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery processes and procedures, including backups, testing and site recovery management
- Adopt a risk management approach to Data Centre operations and ensure risk logs are created and managed
- Maintain all windows server environments
- Maintain and support on premise/cloud Microsoft based software suite and company related applications/databases which includes Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/Office 365, SQL, SharePoint 2010, 2016, Dynamics CRM/CRM 365, WSUS, System centre Configuration Manager, Azure
- Provide and support other company's third party applications ie TMS,PSA, Microsoft Power BI
- Administration and maintenance of a number of SQL databases
- Provide L2/L3 escalation point for company systems and infrastructure support for ICT Helpdesk
- Ensure enterprise hardware, company applications, software and related services are patched, secure and hardened ie align to ISO 27001 standard
- Define, implement and maintain standards to control and monitor user access is keep secure to include all system, databases and applications
- Act as key SLA contact with external suppliers and monitor supplier performance and escalate as necessary
- Liaise closely with other ICT unit leads to ensure the ICT function collaborates and works effectivity together
- Take a role in proposing innovative ideas and solutions
- Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level ICT qualification (e.g. Degree) or equivalent technical Certification is essential
- A proven record ofICT systems support and development and at least 5years' experience in:
- VSphere (Certification desirable)
- Active Directory (Certification desirable)
- Excellence in DR strategy and implementation
- Experience working in a hosted data centre operation
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the enclosed link and send your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Grafton Recruitment.