ICT Data Centre Co-ordinator - Public Sector
ICT Data Centre Coordinator - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we currently have a new opportunity available for an experienced ICT Project Manager to take up a position with a Public Sector body based in Dublin City Centre.
The purpose of this role will be to coordinate and support the data centre operations including all ICT systems at multiple On- Premise and Cloud locations as well as playing a key role in identifying, evaluating operational strategies on new systems.
Based in Dublin city centre, this position will be offered as a contract role until December 2021, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of hardware and virtual infrastructure and third party support including, VMware vSphere, IBM Storwize SAN, HPE and Lenovo Servers and Brocade Switches
- Responsible for success of Backup, Replication and Recovery using Veeam and VMware SRM
- Monitor and plan for capacity and performance
- Ensure enterprise hardware, software and related services are patched and hardened
- Implement best practice service methodologies including Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning, Incident Management, Change Management and Infrastructure Monitoring.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery processes and procedures, including backups, testing and site recovery management
- Adopt a risk management approach to Data Centre operations and ensure risk logs are created and managed
- Maintain all windows server environments
- Maintain and support on premise/cloud Microsoft based software suite and company related applications/databases which includes Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/Office 365, SQL, SharePoint 2010, 2016, Dynamics CRM/CRM 365, WSUS, System centre Configuration Manager, Azure
- Provide and support other company's third party applications ie TMS,PSA, Microsoft Power BI
- Administration and maintenance of a number of SQL databases
- Provide L2/L3 escalation point for company systems and infrastructure support for ICT Helpdesk
- Ensure enterprise hardware, company applications, software and related services are patched, secure and hardened ie align to ISO 27001 standard
- Define, implement and maintain standards to control and monitor user access is keep secure to include all system, databases and applications
- Act as key SLA contact with external suppliers and monitor supplier performance and escalate as necessary
- Liaise closely with other ICT unit leads to ensure the ICT function collaborates and works effectively together
- Take a role in proposing innovative ideas and solutions
- Allocate work, develop staff and ensure effective relationships in a team working context
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level ICT qualification (e.g. Degree) or equivalent technical Certification is essential
- A proven record ofICT systems support and development and at least 5years' experience in:
- VSphere (Certification desirable)
- Active Directory (Certification desirable)
- Excellence in DR strategy and implementation
- Experience working in a hosted data centre operation
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in being considered for this role, please send a copy of your cv in complete confidence to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday Sept 1st at 12.00pm.