ICT Project Manager (Band 7)
ICT Project Manager (Band 7)
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post-holder will play a major role in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) projects and will be responsible for delivering elements of the ICT Strategy and Annual Work Programme. The post-holder will be responsible for working with nominated service areas in identifying projects, developing business cases and managing the project throughout the project life cycle adhering to Prince 2 / Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) methodologies.
- Undertake Option Appraisals and prepare Business Cases commensurate with project scale, as required by standards and procedures.
- Lead users through business analysis processes and support them in identifying their requirements and the expected benefits. Document the outcomes of such processes on their behalf.
- Assist with the development of the ICT strategy and annual Work Programmes.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects through the project lifecycle from initiation through to project review and ensure lessons learned are highlighted and acted upon.
- Develop and document project plans regarding costing, timescales and resource required for projects (e.g. Project Mandate, Project Brief, Project Initiation Document, Stage Plans, etc.)
- The Project Manager should identify, log, analyse and manage potential and actual issues and risks, taking corrective action
- Assist in the Implementation, configuration and updating of an Enterprise Project Management & Portfolio Management tool and associated use of same.
- Provide regular progress or Highlight reports to the necessary Project boards.
- Assist in the collation and presentation of project requests to the ICT steering group for prioritisation.
- Work closely with all services and have an understanding of service business pressures to help with the prioritisation recommendations.
- Manage information gathering by facilitating/leading workshops and eliciting and documenting user requirements.
- Develop and Implement Communication plans within projects and actively contributes to ICT related communications.
- Identify potential areas for innovation using ICT and facilitate in the business case development-ensuring adherence to the project prioritisation process.
- Assist in the development and use of 'Best practice' environment within the Programme Office by supporting the adoption of standards and best practice processes (e.g. ISO 9000,ITIL,ISO 27000, MSP) with possible review and update of policies and procedures relating to ICT projects/services.
- Carry out procurement activities including requirement specification, contract negotiation and acceptance testing.
- Manage the budgets allocated to agreed projects.
- Lead users through the implementation process ensuring that the use of the system is optimised and maximum benefit is achieved.
- Represent the organisation in collaborative project structures or other initiatives, ensuring that its interests are presented and that decisions are influenced accordingly.
- Attend team meetings of the Senior Management Team as required in relation to ICT projects.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
Hours of work: 37.5, Mon - Fri (9am- 5.30pm), involves being on call
- University degree or a recognised equivalent professional qualification in an Information Communication and Technology (ICT) discipline AND worked for at least 3 years in Information & Communications Technology (ICT) OR HND or recognised equivalent professional qualification in an Information Communication and Technology (ICT) discipline AND worked for at least 4 years in Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- OR worked for at least 5 years in Information & Communications Technology (ICT) at a Band 6 level or equivalent. AND Hold a current valid PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate or demonstrate knowledge of PRINCE2 methodologies and be willing to undertake the Practitioner programme and secure certification within one year of taking up the post.
- Hold an ITIL foundation certificate or in the absence of same can demonstrate knowledge of the principles and be willing to secure certification within 1 year of appointment
- Relevant experience is considered to be one or more of the following in an ICT environment: Provision of ICT Services including system implementation & maintenance; Service Desk Management / Delivery; Business / system analysis & design; Procurement of software or ICT services to include contract negotiation; Management of ICT projects; Information System configuration / customisation activities
- Have knowledge of and be able to demonstrate previous experience in project management.
- Have managed/led a team for at least 3 years and can demonstrate leadership and organisational skills.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Rates of Pay: £37,520- 43,772 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 28 days per annum
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.