ICT Projects Support Officer
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a ICT Projects Support Officer to join their team.
Role : ICT Projects Support Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.06 p/hr 13 weeks + £15.78 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Work with senior ICT staff and business units to provide professional and efficient delivery in ICT projects using a standard methodology such as Prince2. Work with stakeholders and technical partners to define, co-ordinate and deliver corporate ICT projects. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to continuously ensure the engagement of all stakeholders throughout the project.
- Develop formal tender documents for the procurement of services from 3rd party suppliers. Actively engage with all stakeholders to communicate progress, ensure projects are well received and deliver expected benefits on time and on budget.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Hold a degree level qualification in a relevant ICT related discipline such as Computer Science, Computing and Information Technology, Information Management and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, two years relevant experience of working in a corporate ICT environment.
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess a degree level qualification but can demonstrate, on the application form by providing personal and specific examples, three years' experience of working in the field of ICT.
- Applicants must also have a minimum of two years' experience in each of the following areas:
- Strategy Development. The ability to look ahead, assess options, contribute to the development of ICT Strategy, evaluate options and effectively lead or direct delivery to achieve strategic objectives and outcomes.
- Operational Policy & Procedures. A proven track record of leading the formulation, delivery, and review of key technology driven operational procedures within a large, customer facing organisation.
- ICT Service Delivery. Experience of delivering high quality ICT Projects, excellent communication and collaboration skills and an ability to innovate to deliver solutions to complex issues.
- A current full, Category B (car), Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
* Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested and meet ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.