ICT Support Officer
Fixed-term contract until the end of May 2022
To provide day-to-day ICT & Technical support which will primarily involve providing first-line support to staff. The role involves providing technical support in a sound, professional manner ensuring a high level of support and service at all times.
- Answer, elevate and prioritise incoming online, phone, email and in person ICT support requests.
- Use a variety of tools and resources to promptly diagnose, resolve and communicate status back to the user.
- Work with staff from different departments across the company to introduce new technology and solve any technology-related problems.
- Manage access to systems through Active Directory and Exchange Management System.
- Submit a weekly help desk activities summary report. This report will be a prominent part of the departmental monthly activity report.
- Maintain software and operating systems, including Windows 10, MS Office, and various ICT related support tools.
- Under strict guidance and delegation of the IT Department perform basic server administration. These tasks may include Active Directory Account Administration and Office 365 administration.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain standard licensed desktop software applications like Microsoft Office suite, VPN software or VOIP configuration.
- Apply security and performance updates for applications and operating software on client computers and devices.
- Assist the management team in ensuring that all systems within their remit are run efficiently and effectively and that appropriate disaster recovery plans are in place.
- Setup and configuration of new hardware to standard operating procedures.
- Utilise excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with the team and resolve issues. Where necessary, escalate complex issues to other team members or external service providers.
- Third level qualification in Computing/Networking/IT or other relevant subject plus a minimum one year's experience in similar role; or 1.2 Three years' previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in handling ICT related customer enquiries, resolving queries with a focus on customer experience
Please note only candidate's that meet the essential criteria will be contacted.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org