Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Information Officer to start ASAP for a duration of approx 6 months.
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks - £9.00per hour
13+ weeks - £15.87per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Management of all processes relating to applications made under Police Pensions and Injury Benefit Regulations regarding Ill Health Retirement (IHR) and Injury on Duty (IOD) applications. This will include line management responsibility for EOI's within Police Administration Branch (PAB), ensuring adequate oversight of cases as they progress through the system, first point of escalation of queries relating to IHR and IOD applications and the collation and provision to branch management of weekly figures and operational updates.
- Oversight of the allocation and completion of all Subject Access Requests allocated to Police Administration Branch, to include liaising with the Board's Data Protection Officer (DPO) and ensuring these are completed within legislative timeframes and in line with current Data Protection legislation (GDPR).
- Develop an understanding of the relevant legislation in respect of Police Pensions and Injury Benefit Regulations.
- Quality control of correspondence issued from PAB.
- To draft monthly Committee papers as requested by PAB management.
- Review and approval of case summaries prepared by caseworkers for the attention of Selected Medical Practitioners (SMP) in relation to Ill Health Retirement (IHR) and Injury on Duty (IOD) applications.
- Ensuring all tracking spreadsheets including invoice tracker and PAB Statistics trackers are kept up to date.
- Oversight of the SMP appointment process ensuring all appointments are made in a timely manner, relevant stakeholders informed and appropriate correspondence is issued.
- The current situation with COVID-19 has required a high degree of flexibility from PAB in relation to how we approach our work and necessarily requires constant review in light of updated advice from the Public Health Agency (PHA). As such the PAB Staff Officer will be required to keep a watching brief on changing circumstances affecting the branch and will have the ability to re-prioritise workloads at short notice as required and dependent on the particular circumstances.
- Further to the above, the PAB SO will also be responsible, in consultation with branch management, for the drafting of any future process amendments resulting from emergent issues impacting the branch.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland