Information Security Officer
Staffline Recruitment are searching for an Information Security Officer. They should be results driven and comfortable pushing the security agenda company wide. An ability to both understand complex technical issues and communicate these to non-technical employees is essential. As the information security officer, you will assist in setting out the company wide security strategy, implementing security standards and monitoring compliance against security policies agenda.
What you will do
- Coordination of the implementation of group IT Security policies and requirements, and monitoring of compliance.
- Research and provision of solutions for gaps identified by internal/external reports or emerging new threats, in cooperation with group level.
- Directing staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining processes across the organization to reduce information and technology risks.
- Responding to incidents, establishing appropriate standards and controls, managing security technologies, and directing the establishment and implementation of resulting policies and procedures.
- Supervising the technical implementation of preventive IT security measures
- Coordination of external and internal IT vulnerability assessments, following up the remediation of findings.
- Consultation and support of ongoing business projects along with project management of technical projects in the area of compliance and IT security.
- Provision of expert advice on security related issues to the internal IT teams and the wider business.
- Reporting the status of group information security to the CIO and other relevant internal parties.
- Manage training and development plans for staff with influence on matters affecting IT security.
- Coordination and oversight of on-going internal and external technical and compliance audits, and remediation of potential findings.
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an information security or similar IT role, ideally gained within a large international organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to obtain results and instigate change.
- Highly motivated & flexible with the ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good judgement in navigating challenging issues and in recommending an appropriate course of action.
- In depth technical level comprehension of networking, databases and/or business applications showing a strong understanding of relevant subject matter.
- A deep understanding of vulnerability management and associated monitoring solutions, tools and awareness of industry best practices.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Experience of formal security risk assessment methodologies.
- A working knowledge of ISO27001 & ISO27002 standards and Cloud Technologies is an advantage.
- Professional certification in IT Security a distinct advantage - CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC etc.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your CV for further information.