INREACH PROJECT WORKER
BELFAST & SURROUNDING AREAS
37 HOURS PER WEEK
£20, 444 PER ANNUM (£0.45p per mile paid for any work related miles)
To work in partnership with the Children Community Nursing Team to provide a high standard of care for children with complex healthcare needs both in the home and community setting within the Belfast area, allowing parents/carers a regular short break from care.
The Inreach Worker will provide personal care and transport to young people where necessary and this may include some manual handling tasks.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the support of the Community Children's Nurse, and in partnership with the family, provide a high standard of care to children. This care will vary according to the needs of the specific child, which may include personal hygiene, feeding by gastrostomy or feeding pumps, care of tracheotomy including suctioning. Some of these duties may include manual handling tasks.
- To provide a flexible localised service to meet the needs of the children/young people and their families.
- To work in a professional manner, ensuring respect for the child and families within their own home and maintain issues of confidentiality at all times
- Under the supervision of the Community Children's Nursing Team, work within the child's specific protocols of care and our clients Policies and Procedures.
- To work toward agreed objectives within the individuals care plan to ensure that the service is person centred.
- Refer any concerns about the child's/young person's care and/or condition immediately to the Community Children's Nurse, Parent and Manager In-reach Service.
- Maintain good communication with the child/young person, their parents/carers, Community Children's Nursing Team and all other relevant professionals/agencies.
- Maintain accurate records and provide reports as necessary, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Work within the quality assurance systems
- Maintain Domiciliary Care Agencies minimum standards implemented by RQIA
- To work within the Health & Safety and Risk management practices in place
- Regular monitoring and review jointly with service users and referral agents
- Work towards full occupancy to meet compliance with funders in conjunction with referral agents
- Work with current financial administrations systems of our client
- To work as efficiently as possible in delivery of the service, implementing green initiatives and efficiency savings measures
Learning & Growth
- To undertake our clients mandatory induction training
- To undertake all training required by the Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority.
- To attend training as identified through training and development plan
- To participate in improvement activity within the organisation
- To promote the image of the organisation to the wider community
- To adhere at all times to all of our clients organisational policies and codes of conduct, including smoke free policy, IT security policy, standards of attendance, appearance and behaviour.
- To participate in marketing and promotional activities to raise the profile of our clients Services
- Understand that this post may evolve over time and that this job description will therefore be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA - all applicants MUST be able to demonstrate either at short-listing or at interview all essential criteria listed below. Applicants should therefore make it clear on their application form whether or not they meet these criteria. Failure to do so may result in you not being shortlisted. The stage in the process when the criteria will be measured is stated below.
The following are essential criteria which will be measured at short listing stage:
Qualifications & Experience
· RQF Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Health & Social Care, Youth & Community Work or related field
· Minimum of 6 months' experience providing support to young people
Experience & understanding of the barriers in relation to young people with disability
RQF Qualification framework table: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/qualifications-what-different-levels-mean
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
· Proficiency in IT skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Zoom
· Ability to work independently with good organisational, communication & interpersonal skills
Experience of working with individuals with behaviours that challenge
Awareness of RQIA, Domiciliary Regulations and Minimum Standards
· Hold a full current driving licence valid for use in the UK and Ireland and have access to a car on appointment.
· You will be required to work in the Belfast HSCT Area,
therefore you must have the flexibility to travel within this area
to deliver the service.
· Successful candidates will be required to use their own
personal vehicle to provide transport to children and young
· Successful candidates will be required to hold relevant
insurance to enable them to use their vehicle for work
purposes and provide transport to children and young people if required
Hours of Work
Willingness to work evenings and weekends
Current registration with NISCC or willing to complete registration within 6 months of appointment
The following are essential criteria which will be measured at interview stage:
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Starting on 20 days annual leave pro rata plus our client recognizes 12 statutory days
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Cashback health scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
This Job Description is a general outline of the post as it is currently perceived by our client. It is not intended to be restrictive or definitive.
Each member of staff will have an individual work plan agreed with them following appointment to the post, which is aligned to the organisation's strategic plan.
The responsibilities of the post may change in line with continuous improvements as our client aims to meet it's vision and best respond to the needs of disabled people accessing our services.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY and attaching your CV. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.