Investment Officer - £17.36ph - 37hpw Mon-Frid - Newtownabbey
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The post holder will support the Head of Investment and Business Development in identifying and securing investment, regeneration and job creation opportunities for the Borough. This will involve working directly with international and local investors and promoting the Borough on the international stage. The post holder will be responsible for engaging with key partners and commercial agents to bring new investments and jobs to the Borough.
- Assist the Head of Investment and Business Development with international and local investors and relevant partners to bring new investment and jobs to the Borough. Provide advice and assistance to those interested in investing in the Borough and support the owner/managers of existing companies with a particular focus on the creation of new employment and/ or export opportunities in key sectors working closely with other partners.
- Support the development and implementation of regeneration and investment schemes
- Assist in the identification of trends, opportunities and barriers to growth and investment in the Borough and research, design, promote and implement new initiatives to address those that will allow the Council to compete at a local and global level.
- Assist with the organisation of trade missions to attract investment and business development opportunities particularly with the Council's international partners in Arizona, Germany and Poland.
- Assist with the production, marketing, promotion and branding of a portfolio of existing and proposed investment sites across the Council area in liaison with the Council's Marketing and Local Development Plan teams to encourage economic investment throughout the Borough and participate in business and trade networking and promotional events.
- Manage the best use of resources by formulation terms of reference, adhering to established procurement procedures, administering letters of offer, liaising with project promoters, following appropriate project management practices and completing monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure full compliance with all recommendations, guidelines and requirements set by funding bodies.
- Ensure sound financial management including responsibility for the proper administration of budgets relating to the services and contribute to the formulation of annual estimates.
- A relevant Degree or equivalent qualification Consideration will be given to those who do not hold an academic qualification but who can demonstrate 3 years' experience as outlined below.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in a relevant role to include experience in a wide range of activities in one or more of the following disciplines; - Economic Development - Regeneration - Investment Experience in the development and delivery of economic development / investment / regeneration initiatives which are aligned to corporate priorities and best practice. Experience of developing partnerships at a variety of levels with a range of stakeholders including government departments or agencies and other bodies. Evidence of successfully; Administering funding to enable the delivery of a range of economic development / investment / regeneration and related programmes. Managing Projects. Managing Contracts.
(Full Job Description available on request)