Our client is sekking to recruit an experienced Transport Planner to join their busy team in Portadown
The role involves:
- Managing existing client relationships to support the wider growth of the business.
- Liaising with delegated customers to obtain weekly and seasonal forecast data, which will enable and improve forward planning.
- Ensuring the movements for each plan are entered into the system with map-based planning, to include collection and delivery times, mileage and all empty running using start and end points.
- Ensuring that every plan is achievable and meets all legal requirements. Ensure all collections are complete.
- Ensuring that each job is planned in the most efficient and viable way possible, which minimizes empty running and maximizes revenue. Working with the planning manager and other members of the planning team.
- Building all jobs for deliveries and collections inbound into Manpack.
- Escalating any issues to the Shift Manager immediately to allow them to be dealt with in a timely manner.
- Checking all turning jobs/trailers have made their respective sailings and make sure drivers & vehicles are allocated. Provide an end of day email and handover to night shift.
- Providing customer services with driver ETA's and informing of any delays. Gathering information and updating driver sheets.
What are we looking for in the person?
- Language: fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Minimum of 5 years planning experience.
- 3 years' minimum experience in a Transport environment.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships with all departments/ functions.
- Experience in the use of planning software
- Experience in scheduling and regional planning.
- Proactive, pragmatic.
- Strong analytical skills