IT Business Consultant/Hybrid options
We are seeking a customer-focused, highly motivated, and technically focused IT Business Consultant / IT Business Analyst to join our IT Business Solutions Team. The IT Business Consultant will act as a Business Partner to several business departments, identifying and implementing technical solutions to optimise and continuously improve business processes, including the hands-on implementation of low-code applications. We are looking for someone who understands business needs and can communicate complex technical details effectively to people of all levels. If you enjoy working with people and like investigating solutions to make life better for our customers, we'd like to meet you.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like, Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering, or a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Consult with business departments on the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Optimise and improve business processes using technical solutions
- Work on low-code application solutions with business departments (previous experience with Mendix or other low-code platforms desirable
- Co-ordination and execution of projects including the documenting solutions and technical concepts
- Participate in cross functional projects and provide technical advice and support in line with project scope
- Leading IT projects and co-ordinating with stakeholders to ensure project scope and budget are achieved
- Co-ordinate test requirements for systems and applications
- Managing relationships with selected vendors for project delivery and service transition and delivery
- Maintain the IT project and solution portfolio to ensure accurate reporting.
Required for the role
- Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering, or a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role with client-facing experience
- Experience with low-code application development such as Mendix, Outsystems, PowerApps etc. (or other software development experience)
- A keen problem-solver with the ability to use critical thinking to find the most productive solution
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated knowledge of the FMCG industry
- Comfortable with learning new systems and getting hands-on with solutions
- Understanding of KPIs and SLAs with proven ability to adhere to them
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues of all levels
- Experience of working in or leading a project team
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience with data analysis methods and tools
- Knowledge of Oracle / SQL databases
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools desirable - PowerShell, Python, Ansible etc.
- Vendor certifications such as Cisco, CompTIA A+, Microsoft etc.
- Project management certifications such as PMP, CompTIA Project+ etc.
- German language skills are desirable
- 20 days holidays per annum rising to 25 days after two years
- Private employee medical insurance
- Company pension after one year of service
- Flexible start and finish times
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility with free parking
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week