IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager - Public Manager
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking applications for an experienced IT Project Manager to join a prominent Public Sector body.
This role will be offered as a 12 month contract, with a strong possibility of extension upon completion and will be based at this organisation's Dublin City Centre offices.
The purpose of this role will be to effectively project manage and implement solutions to ensure the effective delivery of government funded grant schemes. The successful candidate will lead a team providing, developing and supporting an efficient, user friendly CRM Platform and Service Provider Portal.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of Systems Development work streams through appropriate project management methodologies to ensure the initiation, planning, execution, control and closure of projects according to strict deadlines and within
- Work closely with stakeholders and system users both internally and externally along with ICT teams to establishing their requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user cases, scenarios, business analysis, etc
- Work closely with the organisation's Business Systems and ICT teams in the delivery of current and future work streams including the development and implementation of a comprehensive system testing methodology to include functional system testing and User Acceptance
- Actively manage, report on, and mitigate risks to overall project delivery
- Assess and monitor delivery of systems development against functional specifications and manage any resulting issues
- Support the understanding and development of content by the Programme Centre in relation to changes or new developments on the system.
- Coordination of User Acceptance Testing activities
- Adhere to good practice models in terms of risk control, project management, control, monitoring and closure
- Identification and mitigation of issues and risks in relation to the business system development and operation
- Identify and provide feedback regarding identified risks and trends and make recommendations regarding supports and training requirements and suggesting how issues can be addressed or prevented
- Identify quality control tasks and work with stakeholders to implement as appropriate
- Produce management reports and analysis at the appropriate stages of the project management process
- Manage and maintain project management documentation ensuring that all relevant information is written up and communicated clearly and effectively at each stage of the process
- Allocate work, develop any assigned staff and ensure effective relationships in a team work context
- Performance management for the team
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Degree) or equivalent
- Formal Project management qualification desirable
- Experience and proficiency in Project management
- Experience in analysis and development of business processes
- Experience within the community/voluntary and/or statutory sectors
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases and SharePoint portals
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of a dynamic team
A salary in the region of €48,000 along with benefits will be on offer to the successful candidate.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, April 28thth at 5pm.
To be considered for this IT Project Manager role, please send an up to date copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Grafton Recruitment via the enclosed link.
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the enclosed link.