|Salary||Up to £13.22 per hour|
|Published||23 days ago|
|Start date||May 2023|
|Contact email||Orlaith Fogarty|
IT Analyst required for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
Location: Belfast City Centre, Lanyon Place
Hours: 37 hours p/w
Pay rate: £13.22 p/h
Duration: 3 mos. initial
To assist the Lead IT Service & Contract Management Analyst in ensuring that IT Service and Contract Management processes are aligned with the IT service requirements of the organisation.
Assist the Lead IT Service & Contract Management Analyst to ensure that IT Service & Contract Management processes are well defined, implemented and operated across the organisation.
- Incident & Service Request Management
- Incident and Service Request logging, prioritisation, categorisation and initial diagnosis to ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are correctly recorded
- Assign Incidents and Service Requests to internal teams and external 3rd-party suppliers to ensure that issues are passed to the appropriate team, and resolved within agreed SLAs
- Liaise with the appropriate Technical Resolver Group if an update is not provided on the Incident or Service Request, within an appropriate timescale and escalate where appropriate
- Ensure logged Service Requests & Incidents are reviewed and maintained, reassign or escalate to provide highest level of service, follow up on Incident & Service Requests and see through to resolution
- Rapidly establish a good and close working relationship with our internal and external customers, and the outsourced 1st Line IT Service Provider
- Problem Management
- Assist the Lead IT Service & Contract Management Analyst in all problems to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the business.
- Change Management
- Review weekly CAB notice from IT Assist and arrange for advice notes to be issued to users if there is an impact on service.
- Contract Management
- Processing invoices
- Continual service improvement
- Promote continuous service improvement by working with customers to improve service delivery
- Asset Management
- IP Telephony Infrastructure Support
A minimum of one year's relevant experience
- Contract Management background
- IACCM or working towards this accreditation
- Relevant Business Degree
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk/02890242824 ext 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.