IT Support Engineer
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a I.T Support engineer on behalf of our client based in Monaghan. This is a challenging but rewarding role for an IT Support Engineer which provides an excellent opportunity for a career orientated IT professional to continue to develop within the group.
The post holder will require a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability and will be able to prioritise and manage workloads to meet demanding deadlines. The successful candidate shall demonstrate a positive attitude and will require a high degree of self-motivation, will contribute to the wider strategic aims of the business and be able to work in a flexible manner.
You will work in partnership with the Group IT Manager to proactively implement IT solutions for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
- Applicants must have a good standard of education up to Degree level.
- Minimum of 2.1 degree in Software Development / Computer Science / Business Computing.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft 365 and SharePoint is essential.
- Legally permitted to work in both the UK & EU.
- Experience of working in IT Infrastructure, including Telecoms and CRM is desirable.
- Experience of a range of systems including SAP Integration, Citrix and the use of handheld mobile technology, which integrate with a range of other systems and technologies including CRM is desirable.
- Understanding of IT best practice, GDPR and network security standards & protocols.
- Problem solving skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Database management systems is desirable.
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Assist in the management and coordination of all IT related matters including systems integration, data, wireless communications, mobile technology, telephony, security, and computer hardware and software.
- Trouble-shoot and solve problems related to hardware, software, and networks.
- Research and recommend acquisition of network hardware and software.
- Monitor network utilisation and performance. Implement procedures for network optimisation, reliability and availability.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels and have the confidence to challenge when required.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Knowledge of operating cloud-based technologies is desirable.
- Telecoms & VOIP experience is desirable.
- Experience of operating a Citrix based environment.
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office packages.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Research orientation.
- Project and time management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a positive, 'can do' attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Motivated, with a strong productive work ethic and positive enthusiastic attitude.
- Good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Be flexible regarding working hours.
This is a varied and rewarding role and is an opportunity for the right candidate to make a real impact on the business and grow with the company.
A competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be available to the successful candidate