IT Support Specialist - Public Sector
IT Helpdesk Support Specialist - Public Sector
Are you looking to kick start 2021 with a new role? Are you an experienced IT Support Specialist? Are seeking a role within an organisation making a real difference in today's society?
Then we want to hear from you!
At Staffline Recruitment we are working on behalf of a public sector body with Dublin City Centre Offices. With a mission to promote and support equality and social inclusion, they are seeking like minded individuals to join their growing team.
Working as part of the wider IT team, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring key infrastructure around local hardware, applications, networking devices, firewalls, file access, printing and monitoring are supported effectively and working to the highest possible standard.
This is a contract position until December 2021 with a strong possibility of extension upon completion.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide dedicated first level technical support to both internal / external users of the organisation's ICT Systems through telephone support, online support and desk based assistance
- Provide 1st Level networks (LAN and WAN) infrastructure support
- Monitoring the performance of LAN and WAN infrastructure i.e. HP
- Installation, configuration, support and maintenance of network equipment network
- Logging of issues, establishing severity levels, analysing and resolving in accordance to agreed service levels, follow up and ensuring effective closure
- Commission and setup of new equipment i.e. PC/laptops, printers, mobile phones, mobile broadband
- Own and resolve all ICT issues with a high sense of urgency and professionalism as per ICT support process and best industry practice
- Preparation and maintenance of SOP and best practice documentation
- Support priority business systems that facilitate the administration of funding programmes
- Functional and administrative support of Microsoft Technologies deployed, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Power BI, Teams,
- Work closely with 3rd party vendor support to build external relationships to improve the overall support provision
- Configuration of network security and software solutions i.e. Remote access, VPN, anti-virus
- General PC, laptop, printer, mobile, phone maintenance and related services
- Support on phone system and video conferencing solutions
- Utilise call logging software to record and resolve user incidents within specified SLA's
- Analyse call logs to spot trends and underlying issues. Document system problems and resolutions for future reference. Maintain a knowledge base for all System Troubleshooting Guides / How To manuals
- Requirement to travel to different offices locations within Dublin and regional locations from time to time
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- ICT related or relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma),or equivalent is essential
- 2 -3 years relevant experience in a busy IT Support role
- Extensive experience of Microsoft products including Azure AD, CRM Dynamics Systems, SharePoint Online Admin, MDM, SCCM, PowerShell, O365 Admin, MS Autopilot, Active Directory, Exchange 2013, Server 2012. VMWare Admin an advantage
- Excellent working experience of trouble shooting TCP\IP, DNS, WAN and LAN, VPN configuration and troubleshooting issues
- PC/laptop Maintenance
- Computer support literacy particularly MS operating system i.e. Windows 8 and Windows 10, software packages i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Extensive understanding of networking i.e. TCP\IP, DNS, and LAN problems and
- Experience and understanding of MS Server technologies including Active Directory, GPO, File Share Permissions etc
- A working knowledge of or an interest in the non profit / public sectors
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
This contract role will pay a salary in the region of €35,000 - €45,000, depending on experience.
Immediate screening interviews will be held for this role and this organisation is accommodating remote working for the foreseeable future.