IT Support Technician NIFRS
IT Support Technician
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: To provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused support service for NIFRS Line of Business (LOB) Applications, such as HR, finance, procurement and NIFRS operational applications. This will involve aspects of technical support, applications support, service desk, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing.
- To provide a modern, efficient, professional and customer-focused support service for NIFRS Line of Business (LOB) Applications, such as HR, finance, procurement and NIFRS operational applications. This will include technical support, applications support, service desk, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing.
- Proactively monitor LOB Application services.
- Provide technical support services for LOB Applications such as account management, role based access configuration and ensuring availability of LOB Applications.
- Provide support of organisational databases.
- Develop and modify software as directed by the Head of IT if required.
- Assist in the development of user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Conduct business and data analysis as required.
- Provide ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance to users.
- Work with software suppliers in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Test and review products and solutions as required.
- Maximize the use of ICT Services ensuring best value for money and most efficient use of resources.
- Assist the Head of IT in the formulation of policy, procedures, standards and guidance for users of the ICT Solutions.
- Use and comply with processes including management and functional escalation of problems and incidents; change, release and configuration management.
- To ensure continued and effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as users and suppliers.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of NIFRS.
- To comply with all NIFRS frameworks, policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to legal requirements such as equality, health and safety and information governance.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of organisational policies and procedures.
- To direct and signpost managers and officers to the appropriate source for issues outside the remit of this post.
- Continuously developing personal knowledge and skills to enhance internal and external customer service.
- To undertake project work as directed.
- To undertake any other duties which may be assigned to meet organisational need and the change agenda and which are reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties, responsibilities and grade of the post as defined.
Hours of work: Mon - Fri (9am- 5pm)
- An HNC Level qualification in a computer related subject.
- Have at least two year experience of networking and domain administration, IT communications, hardware and software installation and maintenance, end-user support in a multi-user environment.
- Demonstrate technical ability and skills in windows client server environments and application support.
- Can demonstrate: effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail; the ability to work individually and as part of a team; effective communication skills (both oral & written); a customer service orientation
- A current driving license or access to a form of transport that will permit them to meet the requirements of the post in full
- Rates of Pay: £10.82 ph
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up-to-date CV by clicking the button.