As a member of the IT Section the post holder will be act as first level support for IT helpdesk enquiries providing solutions in relation to hardware and software for the client. The IT Technician assists with the deployment of hardware and configuration of iphones, Microsoft based devices, and any associated VPN requirements ensuring compliance with Council security requirements and assists senior officers in developing and managing the Clients ICT infrastructure.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via telephone, via email, and be the initial point of contact for all IT requests. Provide first level support for all IT problems/queries.
- Help administer the helpdesk system using standard helpdesk principles.
- Manage responses to user's hardware/software/infrastructure/telephony problems, Advise users, diagnose and resolve issues, escalate tickets where required, and update the helpdesk system.
- Manage the creation/modification/deletion of Active Directory and various other user accounts.
- Builds and deploys Windows 10 PC's and laptops in accordance with our standard build procedure.
- Set up and configuring Apple iphones and Microsoft-based workstation devices and peripherals, setting up and supporting VPN clients whilst ensuring devices are compliant with organisational security requirements.
- Assist with the management and development of the Clients ICT systems including hardware, applications, system performance, windows patching, anti-virus, and installation.
- General administration for IT services, including maintaining / recording / updating the asset management and other related systems.
- Assist the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure maintain a working organisational network / telecoms infrastructure including the ability to troubleshoot network/wifi/telephony problems at remote sites and visiting sites to solve problems.
- Assist with maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration and monitoring of the network, maintain secure network connectivity on sites, follow Change Management to deliver and develop a secure Active Directory.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure, support the Clients data management strategy, including data back-up and storage and disaster recovery. Ensure that staff save information to recoverable locations on the network.
- Assist in the proposal, design and implementation of new hardware and software solutions.
- Assist the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure with network-related issues affecting the WAN, liaising with external organisations to solve network-related problems, to minimise downtime and ensure minimum disruption to business operations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders whilst adhering to tight time-frames.
- Undertake training as designated by the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure for your personal development, and to keep abreast of current industry news, staying current with system information, changes and updates.
- Assist senior officers in the unit in ensuring that all IT systems work carried out meets applicable health and safety regulations.
- Ensure personal compliance with Client policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviours, which reflect the core value and behaviour of the Client.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery.
- 5 GCSE passes at grades A-C, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
A minimum of three years' work experience in an I.T. related post, to include:
- Operating a helpdesk facility in a large organisation.
- Experience of Working with and trouble shooting Microsoft Office Products
- IPhone Setup Experience
- VOIP/Telephony Experience
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in above, they must demonstrate a minimum of five years' experience as outlined above.
Applicants must have knowledge of the following
- ITIL experience and knowledge,
- Office 365; and
- Networking / Comms.
It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car or *have access to a means of transport which would enable the applicant to carry out the duties of the post. *
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If interested please upload cv to the link provided and Barry Quine will be in touch