|Salary||Up to £11.14 per hour|
|Published||20 days ago|
|Contact email||Dovile Kopacz|
Staffline are delighted to be working in partnership with Moy Park, one of the UK's top 15 food companies, Northern Ireland's largest private sector business and one of Europe's leading poultry producers.
We are seeking IT Technitian in the Moy Park Ballymena site.
The role requires a proactive approach to corrective maintenance in a high-speed food manufacturing environment, alongside preventative maintenance and planned work. While the primary operational focus is the re-instatement of services/systems, the emphasis is to provide quality and long-term solutions as part of the continuous improvement in support of the business.
The role covers a wide variety of systems and services to the Factory in a 24/7 environment and requires a high level of professionalism and commitment, good time management and the ability to complete planned activities alongside incident management.
I.T. Support Function
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT support to all factory/production operations, utilising an IT/IS system, to ensure the IT operational capability of the factory is maintained at the required levels.
- Provide 1st Level support to business IT and IT infrastructure during evenings and weekends (while on shift).
- Use of the group IT helpdesk system, taking ownership and managing calls.
- Program, update and carryout IT-level repair of Labellers, Ink Jet Coders, Printing Devices (various Production/Label Printing Devices), Check Weighers, Graders and Production Scales.
- Design and produce Labels, in support of the Technical Department and Quality Control/Assurance, to deliver quality Product Labels to the Production Lines.
- Manage Product Data for Production Systems that require manually updating and are not maintained by the Technical Team.
- Provide support to 3rd Level IT, including external Maintenance/Support.
- Capture and Record faults in support of the Service Desk Function, assisting with identifying root causes and trends (rather than quick fixes).
- Communicate faults and escalate effectively to enable Production Managers to make timely and accurate decisions.
- Contribute to Label control and management.
- Contribute to training and training documentation, in support of the Site Training Team.
- Provide a proactive approach to understanding the systems aligned to business processes and requirements
- Develop knowledge and skills, including technical skills, for systems and processes, through formal training provided by the business. Proactive approach in understanding the business and systems being supported.
- Any other duties that may be required, in support of the team and the business
- Prompt and efficient response to issues
- Take responsibility for, and always promote workplace organisation
- People management not part of role
- Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- General aptitude for IT/IS and the ability to learn and follow troubleshooting procedures.
- Good understanding of networks.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Good level of ability and competence in regard to technical problem solving/or ability to demonstrate experience of a systems approach to fault finding.
- Ability to use initiative in assessing, identifying, and communicating opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- Good Communication Skills, verbal and written and be able to demonstrate the ability to liaise in a professional manner with cross- functional teams and non-technical end users.
Ability to work on own initiative while working within a strategy or
- Proven experience of IT support within a FMCG environment/ food production would be advantageous.
- Experience with specific equipment and technologies would be an advantage -
- Marel Graders
- Ink Jet Coders
- Dimaco Vision System
GCSE (grade C or above), or equivalent in ICT
Monday to Friday (Reserve Sunday) 4 reserve Sundays during peak period May-August
6pm to 02:30am
40 hours per week
To Apply: Contact Dovile on 07826 062 441 or email your details to email@example.com