IT Technician (Scale 6)
The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: As a member of the IT Section the post holder will be act as first level support for IT helpdesk enquiries providing solutions in relation to hardware and software. The IT Technician assists with the deployment of hardware and configuration of iphones, Microsoft based devices, and any associated VPN requirements ensuring compliance with security requirements.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via telephone, via email, and be the initial point of contact for all IT requests. Provide first level support for all IT problems/queries.
- Help administer the helpdesk system using standard helpdesk principles.
- Manage responses to user's hardware/software/infrastructure/telephony problems, Advise users, diagnose and resolve issues, escalate tickets where required, and update the helpdesk system.
- Manage the creation/modification/deletion of Active Directory and various other user accounts.
- Builds and deploys Windows 10 PC's and laptops in accordance with our standard build procedure.
- Set up and configuring Apple iphones and Microsoft-based workstation devices and peripherals, setting up and supporting VPN clients whilst ensuring devices are compliant with organisational security requirements.
- General administration for IT services, including maintaining / recording / updating the asset management and other related systems.
- Assist the Assistant Manager - Infrastructure maintain a working organisational network / telecoms infrastructure including the ability to troubleshoot network/wifi/telephony problems at remote sites and visiting sites to solve problems.
Hours of work: Full time, 37 hours per week
Requirements: It is essential that applicants have a minimum of :
1.1- 5 GCSE passes at grades A-C, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
1.2 - A minimum of three years' work experience in an I.T. related post, to include:
- Operating a helpdesk facility in a large organisation.
- Experience of Working with and trouble shooting Microsoft Office Products
- IPhone Setup Experience
- VOIP/Telephony Experience
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1.1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of five years' experience as outlined in 1.2 above.
Knowledge of the following:
- ITIL experience and knowledge,
- Office 365; and
- Networking / Comms.
General: 3.1 It is essential that applicants hold a full (i.e. not provisional) and current UK driving licence and access to a car
A third level qualification in a relevant discipline
4.2 Microsoft Certified Professional with Win 7/ Win 8 / Win 10 Experience
- Rates of pay £12.95 per hour