IT Test Manager
Temporary IT Test Manager required for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £19.86 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:00/09:00-17:00)
Duration: 9 months pending review
- Strategy & Policy
- Supports the project to achieve the overall objective of testing to ensure that the business processes and the enabling technology of the upgraded MWM/CAR solution provide the agreed specifications and meet the Acceptance Criteria
- Provide input to the Test Strategy that outlines the scope, approach and sequencing of testing phases including objectives, roles, responsibilities and entry and exit criteria for each Test Phase
- Ensure compliance with Test Strategy
- Manage System Integration Testing with other third party providers
- Manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in conjunction with the Prime Supplier including performance testing
- Manage Operational Readiness Testing (OAT);
- Manage Non-Functional Testing (e.g. Disaster Recovery Testing);
- Manage and responsible for the process of tracking all defects during the UAT, OAT Test phase on behalf of NI Water as well as managing the defect resolution with the Prime Supplier
- Quality assurance to determine if all the existing requirements have been met by the MWM/CAR upgrade
- Define key test deliverables for the project
- Manage resources by producing a schedule for Test execution that optimizes resources and time to complete the Test Phase execution
- Manage all risks associated with the Testing and taking preventative action when any risk become unacceptable
- Manage, direct and motivate a team of Testers to achieve objectives
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to the Testers
- Coordinate and plan all activities of Testers during each Testing phase of the project
- Closure of a Testing phase by completion of a Test Summary Report, sign-off of the Testing Phase (through the Test Summary Report) and any other activities required to complete the phase
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Produce high quality project documentation to include Progress and Test Reports
- Develop high quality project plans for the delivery of the Test Phase and monitor progress
- A 3rd Level qualification (HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent) in ICT or a related discipline,
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience, in a similar role, including:
- writing test scripts, test plans and executing test scripts,
- logging defects and discussing them with NI Water test team leads and developers
- coordinating and planning all activities of Testers during each testing and integration phase of the project,
- providing authoritative advice and guidance to the Testers
- managing all risk associated with the testing and taking preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Good working knowledge of software development process,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Basic Access NI Disclosure check at £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.