DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
Our client is currently looking for a Material Planner Analyst.
The Material Planner Analyst role sits within the Supply Team function, which is a wider team of 12. They deal with 100+ multi-geographical suppliers, managing a spend of roughly 150 million dollars per year.
TThis is a fast-paced environment with time sensitive work but will be incredibly rewarding.
- The requirements of this role are to ensure the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborates with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production.
- Actively collaborates with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier delivery performance issues.
- This position analyses production requirements, converting requirements into purchase orders requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels.
- Analyses engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items.
- This position supports supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- This person will be required to perform work to improve point of use material availability, applying root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning.
- Minimal Travel Required
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, inventory control
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot MRP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Power point, Word, Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation, and communication skills
Skills and Experience - Desirable:
- SAP experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in transportation or logistics
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
- Experience of LEAN and Six Sigma
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.