Rate of Pay: £11.50
Location: Duncrue Complex
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Area Contract Manager (Building) or other appropriate officer to undertake work within the property maintenance operation either individually or as part of a team.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the full range of work associated with their particular trade.
- To carry out reactive and planned maintenance work in any property.
- To work from working drawings supplied.
- To identify, order and collect required materials.
- To provide as required all job-costing and time-recording information.
- To participate in a 24-hour emergency callout service if so required.
- To participate in training as required.
- To assist in on-the-job coaching and training, for example, new employees, contractors and temporarily assigned apprentices and other relevant staff.
- To drive vehicles as and when required.
- To erect and dismantle scaffolding as required which involves working at heights.
- To carry out all duties in compliance with Health and Safety at Work Legislation, CDM Legislation and policies and procedures.
- To motivate and manage any staff, that may be assigned to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided by the client and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management policies and procedures, as appropriate, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- To participate as directed in the client's recruitment and selection procedures.
- To act in accordance with the client's and departmental policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety, safeguarding and any pertinent legislation.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Applicants must,
- be a time-served Joiner or possess relevant qualifications, for example, City & Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2 Certificates in Craft and Advanced Craft in Carpentry and Joinery;
- possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, or access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full; and
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following two areas:
- working in a building maintenance environment; and
- undertaking bench work and joinery repairs to commercial properties.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.